Ref. No: MSEA-28/7/2019
MSEA Grade 3
· Overseeing the development and installation of effective financial management systems and procedures to improve financial reporting and accounting;
· Providing leadership on budget formulation;
· Advising the Director General/Chief Executive Officer on strategic financing, investing and expenditure decisions in the medium and long term;
· Driving the Authority’s financing strategy by ensuring internal controls are implemented and monitored for effectiveness;
· Undertaking overall responsibility for managing risks associated with the Finance and Accounting function and advise on mitigation measures;
· Organizing stakeholders engagements and forums regarding budgets;
· Clarifying financial estimates to Finance Committee, Treasury and Development Partners and gain support for projected budget needs.
· Have served as a Finance Officer for a minimum period of ten (10) years three (3) of which should be at middle level management in public service or in a comparable position
· Have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:-Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Business Management or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
· Have Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Business Administration preferably in Finance or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
· Have Part III of professional Exams such as CFA, CPA, ACA, ACCA, ACMA or equivalent membership to a relevant professional body;
· Be a Member in good standing of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (CPAK) or any other recognized professional body;
· Attended a Strategic management Course or an equivalent management course from a recognized institution;
· Proficiency in Computer Application; and
· Have demonstrated administrative and professional competence in work performance.
· Demonstrate thorough understanding of the mission, vision, and strategies of MSEA and the ability to clearly interpret and apply role of Micro and Small Enterprise in Kenya’s social economic development and particularly in line with vision 2030 and Big 4 Agenda
In addition, all prospective candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of leadership and integrity as set out in Chapter six (6) of the constitution of Kenya and attach the following documents to their applications:-
1. Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission clearance Certificate (EACC)
2. Kenya Revenue Authority Tax compliance Certificate (KRA)
3. Higher Education Loans Board clearance Certificate(HELB)
4. Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
5. Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau
How to Apply
If you clearly believe that you to meet the criteria given above, please submit your sealed application letters with detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, 3 referees with their e-mail addresses and telephone contacts; quoting the Reference Number for the job being applied on both the envelop and the application letter.
All applications should either be sent through the post office or hand delivered or emailed to the Chief Executive Officer not later than 30th July, 2019.
The Chief Executive Officer
Micro and Small Enterprise Authority (MSEA)
Utalii House 10th Floor, Left wing
P.O. Box 48823-00100
MSEA is an equal opportunity employer .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form or failure to attach any of the stipulated documents shall lead to automatic disqualification