Our client is a leading integrated business solutions provider dealing with various systems including Visitor Management, Time & Attendance and Electronic Security Systems. They seek to hire an experienced, self-driven and results-oriented candidate to fill in the role of an Imports Clerk.
Title: Imports Clerk
Gross Salary: 30k -35k
· Responsible for overseeing all aspects in terms of Customs Clearing
· Ensuring that purchased goods are delivered
· Handling documentation related to the shipments, including insurance forms and dispatch forms.
· Keeping track of route information and verifying that the carrier used is properly licensed.
· Ordering containers which will be used for packaging cargo to be delivered to the right locations, and researching freight rates.
· Attending to all queries to ensure a smooth service
· Customer liaising and chasing of clearance Documents
· Framing all types of Port Documentation
· Permit Applications and Necessary Certificates
· File management/keeping and invoicing as per company policies
· Assisting with / guide on quotations accountabilities
· Effective coordination, clearing and delivery of Cargos
· Customer feedback with regard to service levels of a high degree
· Ensuring deadlines are met
· Maintaining constant communication with customers, clients, suppliers and statutory authorities.
· Diploma in Clearing & Forwarding or equivalent
· Experience in declaration/documentation and online processing
· Experience in customs clearance
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position
· Proper understanding of E. Africa customs Management Act
· Must be computer literate
· Good communication skills