The Legal Clerk will be answerable to the Legal Officer
· Drafting legal documents under the supervision of the Legal Officer
· Organizing the legal department registry
· Filing of court documents and any other legal documents
· Carrying out searches and research on legal issues
· Taking hearing dates and facilitating service of legal documents (pleadings)
· Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
· Diploma in Law from a recognized institution
· Proficiency in the use of basic computer applications
· Possession of a current Process Servers Certificate
· Three (3) years’ practical experience in a public or private legal office
· Able to work and coordinate activities with minimum supervision
· Must have a high sense of interpersonal relations
· Presentable and pleasant personality
· Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the values and principles outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution
· Satisfy the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution
How to Apply
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th July 2019 at 4.00 pm.
THE SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100,
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must attach clearance certificates from KRA, HELB, EACC, CID, CRB and Commission for Higher Education for degrees obtained outside Kenya.
Note: The positions of County Secretary, Deputy County Secretary, Chief Officers and Directors will be on Contract for a period of three years renewable based on successful performance.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer and women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.