Job Vacancy: Assistant Accountant
Gross Salary: 20K – 25K
1. Responsible for the financial accounting function – accounts payable and accounts receivable
2. Responsible for accounting of cash transactions (bank account and petty cash) and reconciliations
3. Responsible for allocation and accounting of intercompany transactions and reconciliation with HQ.
4. Process monthly/weekly accounting reports
5. Review and disbursement of authorized petty cash requests. Replenishment of petty cash.
6. Process accounting documents such as invoices, staff interests, and investment disbursements.
7. Initiate authorization and payment of accounting documents
8. Prepare and submit statutory deductions to the specific authorities.
9. Cash withdrawals, the collection of cheque books and bank statements and any other duties
10. Prepare cash books and monthly bank reconciliation statements
11. Prepare financial reports to management
12. Carry out any other relevant duty as assigned by immediate supervisor
· B.Com Financial Management/Accounting Degree or Accounting diploma or equivalent.
· 1 – 3 years’ experience .
· Proficient in Quick books.
· High ethical standards and professionalism
· Familiarity with computer technology and knowledge of a variety of software programs related to the field.
· Excellent in verbal and written communication skills
· Good time management, planning and organizing skills
· Good interpersonal skills
· High stress tolerance
· Quality and details orientated
· Ability to interact well with others.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title on the email subject (Accounts Assistant)
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV