The officer will be responsible to the Accountant in charge of the respective unit or section she or he is serving
· Executing all the clerical accounting functions relating to the unit assigned Maintaining cash books
· Posting of ledgers
· Filling of vouchers in an orderly way for ease of retrieval
· Balancing ledgers
· Doing journal entries
· Processing LPOs, payments and payment vouchers
· Ensuring payments are in conformity with the existing Government financial regulations and procedures
· Maintaining a reliable vote book system
· Ensuring implementation of internal controls
· Performing any other duty as may be assigned from time to time
· Must be a Kenyan Citizen
· Must have a Diploma in Accounting from a recognized institution or a Kenya Accounts
· Technician Course (KATC) finalist qualification with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience,
· A pass in Part II of the Certified Public Accounts (CPA) Examination with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a busy accounting environment
· Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Must be self-driven with a lot of initiative and drive
· Proficiency in computer applications
· Ability to work with minimum supervision
· Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the values and principles outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution.
· Satisfy the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya
How to Apply
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th July 2019 at 4.00 pm.
THE SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100,
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must attach clearance certificates from KRA, HELB, EACC, CID, CRB and Commission for Higher Education for degrees obtained outside Kenya.
Note: The positions of County Secretary, Deputy County Secretary, Chief Officers and Directors will be on Contract for a period of three years renewable based on successful performance.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer and women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.