Ref. No MSEA-31/7/2019
MSEA Grade 7
This is the entry grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a senior officer.
· Generating clients invoices and assessment notices; reconciling debtors and creditors on a monthly basis;
· Undertaking monthly bank reconciliations; preparing KRA, PAYE for board allowances & VAT returns in compliance with relevant tax laws; maintaining an update of fixed assets register on a regular basis;
· Assigning asset codes for marking reconciling with the relevant accounts;
· Generating imprest requests and maintaining up to date register on surrender for monthly review;
· Preparing MSEAs payments in line with financial management policy provision and maintain cheque payment register;
· Issuing receipts to all inward funds received and maintain receipts inward register for cheques received and direct bankings;
· Maintaining the Authority’s computerized cash book;
· Ensuring receipts and payments are accurately posted both in the cash book and Vote book;
· Maintaining records for creditors as well as debtors and generating regular reports to assist management in settlements of accounts payables and prompt collection of accounts receivables;
· Maintaining cheque payments and cheque inward/receipts register ensuring completeness in terms of details i.e. PAYE, dispatch, cancelled cheques etc.;
· Maintaining accounts document movement registers;
· Ensuring proper authorization, approval and stamping to avoid duplication;
· Managing office petty cash in line with the policy;
· Ensuring payments are authorized and approved prior to disbursement.
· Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:-Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Business Management or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
· At least Part I of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) Examination or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
· Be a Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (CPAK); and
· Proficiency in computer applications.
In addition, all prospective candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of leadership and integrity as set out in Chapter six (6) of the constitution of Kenya and attach the following documents to their applications:-
1. Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission clearance Certificate (EACC)
2. Kenya Revenue Authority Tax compliance Certificate (KRA)
3. Higher Education Loans Board clearance Certificate(HELB)
4. Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
5. Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau
How to Apply
If you clearly believe that you to meet the criteria given above, please submit your sealed application letters with detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, 3 referees with their e-mail addresses and telephone contacts; quoting the Reference Number for the job being applied on both the envelop and the application letter.
All applications should either be sent through the post office or hand delivered or emailed to the Chief Executive Officer not later than 30th July, 2019.
The Chief Executive Officer
Micro and Small Enterprise Authority (MSEA)
Utalii House 10th Floor, Left wing
P.O. Box 48823-00100
MSEA is an equal opportunity employer .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form or failure to attach any of the stipulated documents shall lead to automatic disqualification