The officer will be responsible to the Director Finance & Administration
· Assisting the Board develop sound financial and accounting policies in line with Public Finance Management Act, 2012
· Developing and executing financial and accounting management and control systems in line with the Public Finance Management Act, 2012
· Issuing financial management instructions and maintaining effective internal control systems;
· Coordinating the budget formulation, preparation, execution, accounting and reporting;
· Safe-keeping of unused cheque books and cheque counterfoils
· Maintaining cash books
· Preparing statements of expenditure for the donor-funded expenditures
· Posting of cash books
· Filling of vouchers in an orderly way for ease of retrieval
· Safe custody of cash, cashbooks, paid vouchers, and bank statements
· Daily balancing of cashbooks
· Doing monthly bank reconciliation and clearance of all outstanding items in the bank reconciliation
· Spending in accordance with the available funds or AIE
· Ensuring smooth flow of work in the section
· Cash management including management of imprest according to regulations
· Sectional budget preparation
· Processing LPOs, payment and payment vouchers
· Representative of County Treasury in departmental tender committees
· Heading accounting units in county departments
· Preparing monthly financial reports for consolidation
· Ensuring payments are in conformity with the existing government financial regulations and procedures
· Following up audit issues and ensuring their minimization
· Maintaining a reliable vote book system
· Ensuring implementation of internal controls
· Ensuring the budget is fully implemented
· Ensuring efficient use of financial resources and county assets
· Supervising accounting staff below him/her
· Executing all the accounting functions relating to the unit assigned
· Must be a Kenyan citizen
· Must be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Business Administration/Economics
· Must have CPA (K) or ACCA
· Must have served in the public/private sector for a minimum period of three (3) years
· Be able to demonstrate familiarity with Government operations and general accounting systems
· Demonstrate understanding of public finance management
· Ability to interpret Government policy, procedures and data
· Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Must be self-driven with a lot of initiative and drive
· Proficiency in computer applications
· Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the values and principles outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution
· Satisfy the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution
How to Apply
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th July 2019 at 4.00 pm.
THE SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100,
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must attach clearance certificates from KRA, HELB, EACC, CID, CRB and Commission for Higher Education for degrees obtained outside Kenya.
Note: The positions of County Secretary, Deputy County Secretary, Chief Officers and Directors will be on Contract for a period of three years renewable based on successful performance.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer and women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.