An Exciting Opportunity: Revenue Accountant
Job Ref: ZU/10/25/86
Zetech University is a premier university offering exceptional learning to thousands of students from Kenya and beyond.
The University offers programmes in Information Technology, Business, Hospitality and Tourism, Development studies, Communication and Media Studies.
Our Mission is to provide holistic education by promoting excellence in research, integrating innovation and technology in learning with the aim of developing well rounded citizens to impact the social, political and economic world.
The University has experienced positive growth in student enrolment and programme expansion.
To support this growth, and in line with our commitment to bring on board qualified, skilled and motivated staff driven by passion for their work and career growth, we are seeking to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of a Revenue Accountant.
The successful candidate will be an innovative individual who not only dreams of realizing a dynamic, tech-powered environment but also possesses strong capability in actualizing ideas into actions and results.
Individual talent supported by an achievement background shall be a key consideration in the recruitment.
Objective of the Position: Reporting to the Credit Controller, the objective of the position is to provide financial, administrative, customer care and clerical services by receiving payments and applying credit to student accounts, following up on payments and arrears while still maintaining goodwill with the customer, record keeping, and ensuring cash / cheque receipts, or unpaid invoices are accounted for properly.
The position holder will, among other duties, be responsible for:
· Authentication of cheques, bank slips and credit notes to identify and block any fake documents;
· Keep custody of manual receipt book and ensure all manual receipts are updated in the ERP;
· Ensure that all receivables are banked as per the laid down procedures;
· Identify any loopholes in the revenue collection process that may lead to loss of money and suggest possible solutions;
· Perform account reconciliations;
· Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities;
· Investigate and resolve customer complains including those related to their learning needs;
· Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrate respect for others;
· Review Accounts Receivable Aging report for accuracy;
· Responsible for constant follow up on debts;
· Participates in the review, design, and implementation of accounting systems and upgrades by working closely with systems developer and other team members to improve ERP;
· Keeping abreast of competitors and the markets on the trends that affect your department and branch i.e market research;
· Assist in preparation and review of revenue and expenditure projections;
· Conduct other trend analysis and ad hoc analysis/ reporting as required;
· Use standard analysis templates to analyze and submit the daily and weekly revenue collection reports on a weekly and daily basis respectively.
· Participate in identification and implementation of new revenue generation activities compatible with the University Strategic Plan.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a recognized and accredited University with at least CPA or ACCA part 2 qualification; or Bachelor’s degree in Finance from a recognized and accredited University with at least CPA or ACCA Finalist qualification;
· At least 2 years relevant experience; experience in a learning institution is an added advantage;
· Excellent customer service and communication skills;
· Strong attention to detail;
· Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
How to Apply
Interested applicants to send their application letters and updated CVs via the email address -firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Ref. ZU/10/25/86 indicating the current and expected salary not later than 8th August 2019.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note: Zetech University does not require applicants to pay money at any stage during the recruitment process
ZETECH UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER