Department: Hospital Administration
Section/Unit Public Relations and Customer Service
Reports to: Executive Secretary
Reporting to the Executive Secretary, the Administrative Assistant job exists to manage phones, emails, scheduling appointments and planning meetings at KUTRRH
· Keep records, mails, parcels and file and distribute all inward and outward correspondence to ensure timely delivery of documents and information in the hospital.
· Store, arrange, index and classify records to facilitate easier reference and thus smooth running of office activities in the hospital.
· Retrieve documents and files from their storage facilities, and move them to the appropriate destinations in the hospital.
· Move documents, parcels, other hard office information and physical assets within and without the offices in the hospital.
· Provide administrative support within offices by moving things around and about, being sent to run errands within and without the hospital.
· Implement and manage filing systems and maintain both electronic and paper-based files in the offices to ensure timely retrieval and data integrity in the hospital.
· Control movement of people and goods within and among departmental offices for safety and security of officers in the hospital.
· Prepare rooms and venues for meetings by moving, arranging and cleaning seats and tables, public address and organize and deliver refreshment to their attendants in the hospital.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from a recognized Institution.
· Diploma in Business Administration or a related field from a recognized Institution.
· At least five years working experience as an Administrative Assistant in a reputable organization.
· Computer Literate
· Fluent in English and Kiswahili
· Ability to type 50 words per minute
· Record keeping skills
· Office management skills
· Knowledge of office operations
Soft skills required for the job:
· Communication skills
· Organizational skills
· Observation skills
· Analytical skills
· Ability to work under pressure
· Ability to observe confidentiality
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of these posts, please send your
1. Application Letter,
2. Curriculum Vitae and
3. Filled Application Form
Download the Job Job Application Form.
ONLY via email to email@example.com
Or hard copies can be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Monday 5th August 2019