Reports to: Accountant
Reporting to the Accountant, the Cashier exists to manage all cash transactions at KUTRRH.
· Balancing daily cash accounts at the end of each day in the hospital.
· Checking the daily cash balance.
· Solving all their cash related queries.
· Organizing all the work they do and maintaining the accounting records.
· Reporting discrepancies they find within the accounts to their superiors.
· Making daily, weekly and monthly transaction reports.
· Cash checks for customers.
· Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
· Keep periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions.
· Compute and record totals of transactions.
· Provides pricing information by answering questions
· Balances cash drawers by counting cash at the beginning and end of the shift in the hospital
· Verifies insurance acceptance by reviewing and recording insurance claims.
· A Diploma in Accounting from a recognized institution
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance related field will be an added advantage.
· At least two years working experience as a cashier in a reputable organization.
· CPA or related field.
· Computer literacy
· Knowledge of business & management experience
· Knowledge of economic & accounting principles
Soft skills required for the job:
· Communication skills
· Financial Accounting skills
· Cash management skills
· Leadership skills
· Problem solving skills
· Multi-Tasking skills
· Interpersonal skills
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of these posts, please send your
1. Application Letter,
2. Curriculum Vitae and
3. Filled Application Form
Download the Job Job Application Form.
ONLY via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or hard copies can be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Monday 5th August 2019