Purpose of The Job
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the Billing Officer exists to ensure patient accounts are billed within the Hospital defined protocols.
· Be knowledgeable of full remit of Finance Processes and their effect hospital-wide operations.
· Be cognizant of responsibility of billing role in affecting hospital cash-flow.
· Follow key processes and procedures in completing billing tasks to quality standards.
· Collaborate with team members to facilitate the delivery of efficient and effective billing services to all customers.
· Determines patient invoice by capturing services noted in patient chart; clarifying services with physicians.
· Resolve incoming queries on billing from patients, insurance companies, consultants or colleagues in a professional and efficient manner.
· Provides billing information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing third-party billings, accounts pending, and late charges data and trends.
· Have sufficient knowledge or access to knowledge to provide correct information with regard to fees excesses or co-payments on individual policies or individual procedures.
· Be aware of all payment methods available at KUTRRH and be knowledgeable in payment collection processes.
· Promote and maintain strong relationships with the health insurance companies and communicate any issues that may arise.
· Participate in regular checking, review and reconciliation of billing to ensure validity of management reporting of Key Performance Indicators.
· Participate in follow up of aged debt with assigned insurance as relevant.
· Participate in all audits, service evaluations and process reviews to enhance the delivery of billing service to customers/stakeholders.
· Participate in meetings as requested, and contribute to the on-going development of the department and hospital.
· Participate in duty roster preparation to provide the required cover in Business Office.
· Data entry for all services rendered with proper coding, filing claims submissions, allocating collections and filing receipts, calculating closing and balancing on a daily and monthly basis, and basic bookkeeping.
Minimum level of academic qualifications required to perform effectively in the role:
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from a recognized institution.
Minimum level of knowledge required for the job
· Computer literate
· Knowledge and experience in bookkeeping
Professional qualifications required to effectively perform in the role:
· CPA or related qualification
Soft skills required for the job:
· Communication skills
· Multi-Tasking skills
· Interpersonal skills
Relevant Work Experience Required
Minimum number of years of experience the jobholder is required to have to be appointed to the position:
· At least three year’s working experience as a Billing Officer.
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of these posts, please send your
1. Application Letter,
2. Curriculum Vitae and
3. Filled Application Form
Download the Job Job Application Form.
ONLY via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or hard copies can be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Monday 5th August 2019