Department: Hospital Administration
Section/Unit Administrative Service
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer & Directors
1. a) Administrative Clerk
2. b) Secretary/Copy Typist
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Secretary job exists to coordinate and provide secretarial and administrative services at the KUTRRH.
· Manage the executive’s diary by booking appointments for, organizing meetings for them, organizing their work and programming their daily, weekly, monthly or annual activities in the hospital.
· Manage the executive’s calendar by planning their work plans and work schedules, annual leaves and day offs and thus reminding them when they are due in the hospital.
· Provide logistical support to executives with issues such as visas, travel, itinerary and personal needs within and without the hospital.
· Keep the records of their work by taking notes of their meetings, typing documents, documenting and filing documents within or without the hospital.
· Correspond with the executives’ customers, clients and colleagues on official business of the hospital.
· Book appointments, receive and screen all visitors to the executives’ offices, telephone calls, inward and outward mail and ensure relevant action is taken by respective staff in the hospital.
· Secure and safe-keep the executives’ office, information, documents, equipment by limiting access to any unauthorized persons, controlling movement and access to any unauthorized persons and any unauthorized access to classified information, movement of documents or equipment from their offices in the hospital.
· Manage administration of formal events such as logistics of high-level delegations to the hospital, logistics for international conference hosted in or organized by the hospital.
· Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software for the executives in the hospital.
· Prepare agendas and make arrangements, such as coordinating catering for luncheons, for management committee, board, board committees, and other high-level meetings in the hospital.
· Coordinate and direct office services, such as records, departmental finances, budget preparation, personnel issues, and housekeeping, to aid executives within and without the hospital.
· Oversee, formulate, review and implement administrative policies, procedures and practices for executives’ offices in the hospital.
· Guide the operations and activities of other administrative staff in the hospital within the policies, procedures and processes of the administrative services of the hospital.
· Supervise other clerical and administrative staff together with their work, and train them where necessary in order to improve their skills and performance in the hospital.
· Diploma in Secretarial Studies, Office Management or other relevant field from a recognized institution.
· Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Management Studies or Social Sciences from a recognized institution Professional qualifications required to effectively
· At least five years working experience as an Executive Secretary in a reputable organization.
· Computer Literate
· Knowledge of shorthand ability to type 50 words per minute
· Knowledge of office management
· Knowledge of executive dairy keeping
· Knowledge of professional standards
Soft skills required for the job:
· Communication skills
· Organizational skills
· Team building skills
· Observation skills
· Analytical skills
· Ability to work under pressure
· Ability to observe confidentiality
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of these posts, please send your
1. Application Letter,
2. Curriculum Vitae and
3. Filled Application Form
Download the Job Job Application Form.
ONLY via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or hard copies can be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Monday 5th August 2019