· Office management and coordination of specific office issues
· Handling all typing work/reports
· Attending to visitors/clients; managing telephone calls and appointments
· Ensuring security of office records, equipment, filing documents and classified materials
· Preparing responses to routine correspondence
· Guiding and supervising office staff in lower grades
· Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
· Be a Kenyan citizen
· A Diploma /Higher National Diploma in Secretarial Studies from the Kenya National Examination Council or its equivalent and proficiency in computer applications
· A Bachelor’s degree in Secretarial Studies or Office Management from a recognized university will be an added advantage
· Have served satisfactorily as Personal Secretary for a minimum period of five (5) years
· Must have a pleasant demeanor and character and demonstrate quality results in his/her work
· Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with different groups of people
· Must have initiative and drive and be able to meet strict timelines
· Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the values and principles outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution
· Satisfy the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution
How to Apply
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th July 2019 at 4.00 pm.
THE SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100,
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must attach clearance certificates from KRA, HELB, EACC, CID, CRB and Commission for Higher Education for degrees obtained outside Kenya.
Note: The positions of County Secretary, Deputy County Secretary, Chief Officers and Directors will be on Contract for a period of three years renewable based on successful performance.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer and women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.