Department: Administration and Finance
Section/Unit: Public Relations and Customer Services
Reports to: Senior Administrator
Reporting to the Customer Relations Officer, the Receptionist job exists to provide all front office services such as receiving visitors, giving the right information, receiving phone calls and parcels and directing them to the appropriate destinations at KUTRRH.
· Receive all phone calls to the hospital and respond to the inquiries, give the appropriate information or redirect them to the appropriate persons in the hospital.
· Hand over to customers and other stakeholder mails and parcels delivered at the reception, from within and outside the hospital.
· Record all visitors to the hospital in the front office directory, taking their personal details for auditing and security purposes in the hospital.
· Document and file all customer care and customer service information for future reference and follow ups in the hospital.
· Report to the security guards or officer of any suspiciously looking persons or objects entering into or present in the reception area for the appropriate security procedures in the hospital.
· Liaising with other hospital departments and different personalities regarding services and issues of interest to customers, patients and visitors of the hospital.
· Implement all the established administrative and operations programmes in the reception area of the hospital.
· Document, record and file all reception daily business and forward it to the Customer Relations Officer for the appropriate action in the hospital.
· Degree in Public Relations from a recognized institution.
· At least two years working experience as a Receptionist or Customer Service Assistant in a reputable organization.
· Fluent in English and Kiswahili
· Excellent knowledge of hospital products
· Knowledge of professional standards
· Computer Literate
· Customer service skills
Soft skills required for the job:
· Communication skills
· Ability to multitask
· Organizational skills
· Observation skills
· Listening skills
· Analytical skills
· Team player
· Strong memory
· Ability to work under pressure
· Ability to observe confidentiality
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of these posts, please send your
1. Application Letter,
2. Curriculum Vitae and
3. Filled Application Form
Download the Job Job Application Form.
ONLY via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or hard copies can be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Monday 5th August 2019