Job Ref: MN 7833
Our Client, is a statutory institution whose mandate as a risk minimiser is to provide a deposit insurance scheme for customers of member institutions and to resolve any institution in respect of which the Corporation is appointed receiver or liquidator. The Corporation enhances incentives for sound risk management and generally promote the stability of the financial system.
Our Client is an employer of choice and keen to recruit aggressive individuals to join the premier organization.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Financial Accounting the incumbent will provide support to the departmental head in providing support in the financial accounting functions of the department.
The essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Participating in the preparing Management accounts and reports
· Participating in preparing of external audit schedules and reports
· Participating in the Corporation Budgeting process
· Participating and responding to audit queries
· Ensuring proper and efficient fund management
· Participating in the Corporation’s Financial reporting
· Performing journal entries as per established and statutory accounting standards
· Receiving and processing invoices for payment as per approved procedures and policies;
· Participating in processing LPOs as per approved procedures in the Corporation operations;
· Assisting in establishing and managing vendor information and standard payment terms within the accounting system and scheduling invoices for payment within a given framework;
· Assisting in communicating with suppliers and internal clients to obtain information and clarify/resolve issues;
· Participating in validation of invoices for accuracy, and assigning correct vendor code;
· Entering invoice information into PASTEL Accounts Payable system to generate payment voucher;
· Assisting in timely payment of all invoices;
· Undertaking monthly reconciliation of the GRN accrual;
· Assisting in the preparation of VAT, WHT and installment tax returns under the supervision of the Senior Accountant (Treasury);
· Four (4) years relevant work experience, three of which must be in investment/portfolio management
· Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or related field
· CPA (K) Qualification
· Membership of good standing with ICPAK/ACCA
Key Competencies, Knowledge and Personal Attributes
· ICT Skills
· Judgement Skills
· Analytical Skills
· Decision Making Skills
· Good Communication Skills
· Attention to Detail
· Report Writing skills
· Organizational skills
Compliance With Chapter Six (6) Of The Constitution Of Kenya
Applicants are required to immediately initiate self-clearance (Comply with Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya) from: –
· Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)
· Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
· Department of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct)
· Higher Education Loans Board
· A Credit Reference Bureau
Please bring the receipts or evidence of the above self-clearance effort to Manpower Services if invited for the preliminary interview. Do not wait to be invited by Manpower Services for you to commence clearance of Chapter 6 requirements
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements as stipulated above, please email your application letter accompanied with a detailed CV and application clearly indicating your current position, current/past and expected remuneration (monthly salary and allowances) to the following email address: email@example.com on or before close of business on Friday, 5th July, 2019.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing in any way will lead to automatic disqualification. Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.