The Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa
An Institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya
Exciting Career Opportunity
The Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an institution of Aga Khan Health Services, Kenya which is an Agency of Aga Khan Development Network.
The Hospital is part of an integrated health system that includes Hospitals and outreach health centers across East Africa.
AKHS is one of the most comprehensive private not-for-profit health care systems in the developing world.
Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa has been providing high quality care services in the Coast Region of Kenya for over 70 years.
The Hospital wishes to recruit an ideal candidate for the following position:
Resident Medical Officer In Charge – Kilifi Bofa Medical Centre
Reporting to the Head of Outreach Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership, clinical and administrative supervision in the Outreach Medical Centre.
· Formulate OHC goals and objectives in collaboration with the Head of Outreach to direct OHC’s activities and meet hospital’s strategic plan;
· Lead the team in quality improvement initiatives to ensure delivery of safe and quality patient care;
· Effective management of patients
· Ensure optimum staff performance with an emphasis on customer service and delivery of quality patient care.
· Prepare annual capital operational and staffing budgets in collaboration with the Head of Outreach to meet the OHC goals;
· Participate in Corporate Social Responsibility activities and also during medical camp
Required qualifications, attributes and experience
· Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB or MBBS)
· Registered and licensed with the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board
· At least one year post internship experience
· BLS and ACLS certification will be an added advantage
· Strong interpersonal skills and leadership skills to effectively relate to diverse personalities.
· Possess analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent communication skills, high administrative capability and technical competence
Reporting to the Head of Nursing Services, the incumbent will monitor and provide continuous quality nursing care to all patients admitted in the unit and provide feedback to the Management to facilitate decision-making.
· To support and manage nursing staff within the unit ensuring that patients’ needs are assessed, care planned, implemented and evaluated, and that there is consultation and involvement of patient/relatives.
· Maintain a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communication information, responding to requests, building rapport and participating in team problem – solving methods.
· Completes patient care requirements by participating in the effective and efficient management of the nursing resource to optimize skill mix and unit coverage at all times and follow up on work results.
· Maintains nursing staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
· Contribute, as part of the multidisciplinary team, to the development, implementation and maintenance of policies, procedures, standards and protocols of the unit to ensure adherence to, and delivery of the highest level of patient care at all times.
· Maintain patient safety standards in the unit, participate in assigned quality initiative committees, ensuring the quality of patient care is assessed and implemented to ensure sustainability of standards of care and practice.
· Exercise and enforce the culture of safety policy in the institution
· Ensures monitoring of staff performance, appraisals and continued professional development in the unit.
· To increase and sustain patient satisfaction in the unit by ensuring patients and their relatives are given frequent timely feedback and are fully involved in care being given to them.
· Protects patients and employees by developing and interpreting infection-control policies and protocols; Ensuring Hand hygiene compliance, enforcing medication administration, storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
· Achieve financial objectives by participating in annual budget preparations, ensuring proper utilization of resources available in the unit, engaging departmental variance analysis and initiation of corrective actions.
Required qualifications, attributes and experience;
· Higher Diploma in Critical Care/KRCHN or Bachelor of Science in Nursing
· Registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya
· Valid practicing license.
· Minimum 4 years of professional experience in critical care nursing.
· S/he should have strong leadership, people management, negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to build relationships and encourage consensus, partnering and networking at all levels.
· Demonstrated critical thinking skills in the problem solving process.
· Ability to organize work load and identify priorities appropriately
Reporting to the Rehabilitation Manager, the incumbent will provide direct Occupational Therapist services for patients in the inpatient or outpatient area as prescribed by a physician in accordance with the patients established plan of care.
· Ensure patient’s treatment management while maintaining good documentation, monitor reduced pain against improved range of motion, improved muscle tone and strength, improved mobility through assessing the status of patient before administering Occupational Therapist care.
· Evaluates, monitors and documents care plans, maintains accurate patient records using different techniques, operate machines/equipment
· Observes and complies with the environmental health and occupational safety in order to prevent infections, reduce falls/ burns, complies with set regulations and equipment serviced on time by monitoring infection control and using of protective gears.
· Achieve department’s set goals and objectives in order to improve performance and target compliance through Participation in planning & implementation of departmental goals and objectives.
· Participates in the implementation of quality control/staff development in order to improve performance and efficiency in service delivery by Identify training needs and conducting in house CME’s.
· Participates in implementation of quality initiatives in order to ensure quality improvement and identification of gaps, ensure continuing improvement in the management of processes and services in the section by carrying out clinical and service audits as well as through monitoring of monthly reports.
Required qualifications, attributes and experience;
· Diploma in Occupational therapy from a recognized Institution,
· Minimum 2 years of professional experience,
· Experience in areas of specialty e.g. hand therapy and splinting, sensory integration, neuro rehabilitation an added advantage;
· Valid practising licence from the professional board KOTA (Kenya Occupational Therapists Association),
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to converse with patients, colleagues and other care providers,
· Establishes and maintains effective relationships with patients, colleagues and other care providers.
Candidates are invited to upload their Resume and Covering Letter to email@example.com
Please indicate the position you are interested in on the subject line
Deadline of submitting applications is on 25th June, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an equal opportunity Employer”