Hi...struggling for life solutions? Contact Mugwenu Doctors. They use local herbs and strong spiritual powers to heal, solve problems, diseases like hbp, diabetes, weak penis, love, family problems, hardship in business, increase luck i.e tenders, promotion, evil spirits, bad dreams. Call +254740637248 or go to
Heifer International is a humanitarian development organization dedicated to ending hunger and poverty and caring for the Earth by empowering small holder farm families around the globe to become self-reliant and attain sustainable livelihood through viable agricultural enterprises.
Heifer International Kenya seeks to fill the position below to support its country programs:
Business Development Manager – Food for All Project
Based in Nairobi and reporting to the Project Coordinator, you will assume responsibility for the business development aspects of the Heifer Kenya component of the Food for All Project.
This is a five-year Euros 5,352,986 project funded by Sustainable Entrepreneurship and Food Security Facility (FDOV) implemented in partnership with Solidaridad East and Central Expertise Centre, Meru Greens Horticulture, Soil Cares and the Horticultural Crops Development Authority in Meru, Tharaka Nithi, Makueni and Machakos in which Heifer International works to strengthen 5 dairy cooperatives and 10,000 dairy farmers.
The Business Development Manager will:
· Develop and implement dairy cooperatives business strengthening plans that integrates capacity assessment, business planning, governance, management systems and business skills development to grow profitable dairy cooperative businesses.
· Support the cooperatives to develop products, aggregation and distribution systems, business partnerships and financial linkages to grow their dairy sales and market share in dairy products.
· Develop and attract the necessary financing for investment plans through appropriate partnerships and linkages to unlock investments for the growth of the dairy cooperatives.
· Degree or equivalent in the fields of Agriculture Economics, Business Administration, Rural Development, Enterprise
· Development or other related field, plus five (5) years technical experience in agribusiness development projects.
· Strong business and innovation skills and demonstrated knowledge of the dairy value chain and experience working with dairy cooperatives.
Finance and Administrative Assistant
Based in the Kisumu Project Office the Finance and Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for the day to day operations and providing support to the project team to maintain systems of accountability, establishing and maintaining communications with the program offices as well as partners and performing basic administrative tasks.
The Finance and Administrative assistant will:
· Manage a functional office filing and documentation system to ensure that the project and partner records are appropriately filed and secured.
· Assist with the financial and accounting aspects of the project office and partners and in the processing of routine financial transactions in accordance with Heifer’s policies and procedures.
· Act as initial point of contact for the office by responding to both internal and external inquiries/requests.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Diploma with three (3) years of hands-on related experience.
· Practical experience in various aspects of accounting principles and practices with a good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
· Knowledge and experience with word processing, spreadsheets, database, newsletter, and electronic mail software (Microsoft Office preferred).
Business Development Officer
Based in the Kisumu Project Office and reporting to the Project Coordinator, you will assume overall responsibility for driving the business objectives of the producer organizations to develop them into sustainable business entities.
Specifically, the Business Development Officer will build the capacity of at least 6 producer organizations in strategic business planning, financial management and cooperative governance.
Support the development of key marketing and financial linkages in financial services, input services and private sector partnerships that will leverage and unlock investments in the dairy cooperatives.
Develop and implement appropriate business models to targeting key opportunities in dairy production, processing and marketing.
· Degree in the fields of Agriculture Economics, Agribusiness, Rural Development and Enterprise Development or other related field, plus at least four (4) years field and technical experience in agribusiness development projects.
· Demonstrated experience in working with dairy cooperatives and dairy businesses.
Project Coordinator – Accelerated Value Chain Development Project
Based in Kisumu and reporting to the Director of Programmes, you will assume responsibility for the management and coordination of the Heifer Kenya component of the Accelerated Value Chain Development Project.
This is the second two-year phase of the project funded by USAID and implemented in partnership with International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) in Kisumu, Siaya, Migori and Homabay and targeting work with at least 6 producer organisation cooperatives and 6,000 farmers.
The Project Coordinator will:
· Coordinate the annual budgeting, planning and reporting processes for the project including generating annual and quarterly budgets, work plans and progress reports.
· Develop and manage the delivery of a comprehensive capacity building programme to develop the 6 project target producer cooperatives into strong business entities through capacity building in business, strategic planning, governance and financial management.
· Coordinate the establishment of an effective extension system in each of the 6 dairy organizations that will deliver training and services to the 6,000 dairy farmers to increase dairy production and productivity.
· Master’s Degree or equivalent in the fields of Agriculture Economics, Livestock Production, Animal Sciences,Veterinary Medicine, Rural Development or related field
· Minimum of five (5) years’ project management experience is essential preferably in the dairy sector.
To apply for the above position please visit www.heifer.org/careers
Closing date for all applications is 17th May 2019.