· The internal auditor will assist the internal audit manager to meet the audit plan objectives in an accurate and timely manner. This includes reviewing, evaluating and verifying the soundness, adequacy, and application of controls and procedures.
· Perform operational audits which evaluate and encourage compliance with prescribed Tax regulations, company policies and procedures in order to promote operations efficiency.
· Perform financial audits to check the accuracy and reliability of accounting records, safeguarding of company assets, and reports on the reliability of the company’s financial statements.
· Assists with developing and performing fraud audits.
· Creating and improving internal controls systems throughout the Society.
· Evaluates the reliability of financial statements by: -Reviewing general journals, Payroll journals, Accounts payable and receivable, Bank deposits, vouchers and other financial documents.
· Promote a risk awareness culture in the Sacco and enforce compliance to internal monitoring and control procedures.
· Auditing posted loans and their recoveries.
· Any other lawful duty as maybe assigned.
· University degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting or equivalent from an institution recognized by Commission for Higher Education
· CPA (K) or equivalent
· MUST have at least two (2) years Audit experience and one (1) year experience in a busy commercial, Finance & Accounts Department.
· Proven working experience in an Audit Firm will be an added advantage
· Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Navision will be an added advantage.
Kenya Medical Association Sacco ltd invites applications from qualified and competent professional with excellent credentials for the position of Business Development Officer.
Reporting to the General Manager and supporting the Education and marketing committee of the Board your roles will include and not limited to:
· Formulating to grow the Organization business lines such as member recruitment, retention, savings mobilization and activation of dormant members.
· Promotion of Sacco products and loans for member uptake.
· Researching organisations and individuals to identify new leads and potential new markets
· Ensuring regular, timely and effective member communication.
· Contacting potential members to establish rapport and set up meetings
· Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
· Attending conferences, meetings, and Society events to market Sacco products.
· Contacting members to inform them about new developments in the Society’s products
· Developing Business Development proposals for consideration by management.
· Negotiating and renegotiating with existing and potential customers
· Developing sales goals for the Society and ensuring they are met
· Maintaining fruitful relationships with existing customers
· Ensuring that all departments work towards fulfilling the customer expectation and organizational goals.
· Preparing periodic reports
· Any other legal duties as may be assigned from time to time.
· Business related degree. A bias in Marketing is preferred
· Additional qualifications in Marketing shall confer an added advantage.
· At least 3 years’ experience a similar environment.
· IT fluency.
· In-depth knowledge of the finance industry and its current events
· Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
· Strong analytical skills, attention to details and good with numbers
Reporting to the Principal Officer, the Insurance Executive will be in charge of underwriting and claims and also assist the Principal Officer in the management Tiba Insurance Agencies.
· Develop and implement regular insurance sales work plans under the supervision of the principal officer to reach and recruit new clients.
· Maintain an accurate and up to date database of existing clientele and ensuring timely policy renewals.
· Customer education on insurance of risk and the products available to meet their needs.
· Executing of timely claims settlement by promptly documenting claims and follow ups with our insurance providers.
· Enforce timely and complete recovery of commissions due to the agency in keeping with existing contracts.
· Ensure compliance with IRA and other service level standards.
· Prepare and submit to the principal officer & the board regular performance reports.
· Carry out any other lawful duties as may be assigned by your superiors from time to time.
· Degree in any business related field.
· MUST have diploma in insurance.
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in underwriting/sales in insurance industry
· Good networking & business development skills
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking and presentation skills
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the e-mail address below quoting current and expected salary by 24th May 2019 KMA Sacco ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
The General Manager,
Kenya Medical Association Sacco ltd,
P.O.BOX 413 -00202