This is the entry and training grade for personnel in this cadre.
· The duties of an Information Communication Technology Assistant includes: –
· Writing and testing simple computer programs according to instructions and specifications;
· Assisting in the implementation of the computer systems;
· Providing user support and training of users;
· Repairs and maintenance of ict equipment and associated peripherals;
· Monitoring the performance of ict equipment;
· Reporting any faults for further action; and
· Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
To be appointed to this grade, a candidate must have:
· Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education with a mean grade of “C-”(minus) or its approved equivalent; and
· Diploma undertaken in any of the following fields: Computer Science, Business Information Technology (BIT), Information Communication Technology (ICT) or equivalent from an accredited institution.
HR Management Officer
· Advance staff welfare as an interface between human resource and employees in provision of welfare services – recreation facilities, benevolent scheme, canteen, and medical scheme.
· Assemble data for manpower planning, succession planning, and organization development (OD).
· Assist in compiling information on disciplinary matters.
· Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) of at least mean grade “C-” (Minus) or its equivalent;
· Diploma in Human Resource Management or equivalent of not less than two years from a recognized institution OR Certified Public Secretary (CPS) I or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
· Membership of a relevant professional body;
· Computer Literacy;
· Served at the position of Human Resource Management Assistant I or equivalent for a minimum period of three (3) years.
Administrative Officer III
Duties and responsibilities include:
· identification and provision of office space;
· generation and maintenance of transport records;
· in charge of compound and office maintenance;
· supervision of personnel in administration section; and
· any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
For direct appointment to this grade, candidates must be in possession of the following qualifications:-
· Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) of at least mean grade “C” (Plain) or its equivalent;
· Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent of not less than two years from a recognized institution;
· Working knowledge of computer applications; and
· Satisfactory service at the position of Administrative Assistant I or equivalent for a minimum period of three (3) years.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications both in HARD and SOFT COPY with a detailed resume and copies of certificates and testimonials. Envelopes containing the documents should clearly be marked with the position applied for and sent to the address below not later than Monday 20th May 2019.
Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute,
P.O. Box 81651 – 80100,
Phone: 020-8021560, 020-8021561
KMFRI is an Equal opportunity Employer committed to diversity, Persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.