Heifer International is a humanitarian development organization dedicated to ending hunger and poverty and caring for the Earth by empowering small holder farm families around the globe to become self-reliant and attain sustainable livelihood through viable agricultural enterprises.
Heifer International Kenya seeks to fill the position below to support its country programs:
Finance and Administrative Assistant
Based in the Kisumu Project Office the Finance and Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for the day to day operations and providing support to the project team to maintain systems of accountability, establishing and maintaining communications with the program offices as well as partners and performing basic administrative tasks.
The Finance and Administrative assistant will:
· Manage a functional office filing and documentation system to ensure that the project and partner records are appropriately filed and secured.
· Assist with the financial and accounting aspects of the project office and partners and in the processing of routine financial transactions in accordance with Heifer’s policies and procedures.
· Act as initial point of contact for the office by responding to both internal and external inquiries/requests.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Diploma with three (3) years of hands-on related experience.
· Practical experience in various aspects of accounting principles and practices with a good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
· Knowledge and experience with word processing, spreadsheets, database, newsletter, and electronic mail software (Microsoft Office preferred).
To apply for the above position please visit www.heifer.org/careers
Closing date for all applications is 17th May 2019.