Job Title: Project Data SME
Reports To: Market Data Lead
Department: Global Data Service & Governance
Context / Scope: There are multiple projects with data implications. The purpose of this role is to work with the Data Lead and various stakeholders of the project to drive the appropriate data domain & data asset activities in the scope of the project and ensure sustainability in BAU.
Underpinning this, needs to be a solid data foundation-both in terms of the design, the sourcing and cleansing, the governance and the ongoing maintenance
Market Complexity: This role has Global responsibility spanning a number of Global Application, within the context of allocated data domain of consumer, customer, vendor, product, supply, finance, people and systems.
The role will interface with a variety of stakeholder groups and project teams These relationships will encompass people based in a variety of geographies, multiple cultures, language and time zones
Purpose of Role
The purpose of the role is to act as a data domain subject matter expert for project.
This will involve:
· Investigating and documenting the data required
· Understanding the gaps, issues involved
· Creating improvement plants to improve the data including assigning ownership
· Ensuring that data can be sustained on an ongoing basis
· Works on specific projects in the data work stream
· Supports management of domain content( product & supply, material master date
· Highly contribute to required project documentation for data deliverables ( Standards, Data Profiling results, Gaps list, Data Ownership matrix , Data sustainability Plans
· Identifies the data requirements to support the project
· Supports the GAP analysis on existing data
· Document these and follow market action
Data Sourcing and Quality Assessment
· Designs data objects, for each data element, including ownership, standards, business rules etc.
· Profile the data for quality- identify and highlight gaps etc.
Data improvement plans
· Creates the relevant improvement steps required to enable ongoing sustained sourcing of data including applying data standards, putting structure around data, enabling automated loading and verification
· Identifies data quality rule requirement in scope of the project
· Identify required actions to sustain the data on an ongoing basis (cleansing, loading, quality reporting etc.)
· Build relevant processes, quality reports etc. required
· Design task/ ways of working and desktop procedures for sustainability processes
· For newly established tasks, support projects in identifying and sizing the Data Management organization required for business as usual
Qualification and experience required
· Degree in relevant field
· Knowledge of relevant domain management processes and underlying data
· Minimum of 6 years Data or Business intelligence experience within consumer goods company (or equivalent in consultancy)
· Good understanding of the methods and technologies to drive good quality data
· Ability to engage stakeholders-explain, align and gain support to execute on programs of work
· Good understanding of SAP master data and data maintenance and management principles
· Good understanding of manufacturing processes within and FMCG will be an added advantage
Enabler to success in Role
· Ability to work in ambiguity
· Cultural awareness, ability to drive common, effective change across multiple markets
· Virtual working ability
· Willing to travel other markets
· Strong communication skills
· Familiarity with the overall Diageo business landscape will be a key enabler to success in this role
It is 6 months contract with a possibility of extension
How to Apply
In case you believe your career objective match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed c.v, stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 5pm on 20th April 2019 firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.