Vacancies: Qualitative Field Interviewers – Urban Nutrition Research Project
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization that carries out high quality, policy-relevant research on population, health and education issues facing sub-Saharan Africa. Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action to improve the lives of all Africans.
The APHRC requires qualitative field interviewers for the Urban Nutrition Project that will be carried out in Nairobi. The project aims to identify factors which contribute to poor nutrition and WASH among children and adolescents aged between 0 and 19 years living in urban slums/informal settlements and policies, strategies and programs put in place to address their needs.
The successful candidates will be expected to:
· Conducting qualitative interviews with the eligible participants including Key Informant Interviews and Focus group discussions.
· Reviewing the data collected to determine that all questions are completed prior to submission and submit progress report
· Following-up with participants for missing responses or to correct any inaccurate responses
· Any other project related activity assigned by the field supervisor/project team during the contract period Other related activities, assigned by the supervisor and project manager
Minimum qualifications for qualitative field interviewers:
· A degree/diploma in Nutrition or any other health related field
· Have proven experience and skills in qualitative research work;
· Has strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Fluent in English and Swahili, in both oral and written form;
· Available for the entire training and data collection period as indicated above
The successful candidates will be engaged for a period of 1 month (May 2019).
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and CV with contacts of three referees, via email to email@example.com,by close of business Thursday April 18, 2019.
Please indicate the job title on as the subject of your email.
Application documents should include:
1. Cover letter
2. CV listing 2 referees
Please indicate ‘QUALITATIVE FIELD INTERVIEWER URBAN NUTRITION PROJECT’ on the subject line of the email
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS TO ANYONE DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.