Hi...struggling for life solutions? Contact Mugwenu Doctors. They use local herbs and strong spiritual powers to heal, solve problems, diseases like hbp, diabetes, weak penis, love, family problems, hardship in business, increase luck i.e tenders, promotion, evil spirits, bad dreams. Call +254740637248 or go to
Norwegian Refugee Council
(Kenyan Nationals Only)
Duty station: Nairobi
Ref. nr.: 4053756581
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs.
The NRC East Africa & Yemen mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007. NRC has WASH, Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihood and Information Counselling and Legal Assistant programmes implemented in the refugee camps in Dadaab and Kakuma.
The purpose of the Finance Manager is to be responsible for the financial set-up and to ensure that it is according to NRC standards and to support programme/project implementation.
· Ensure that country set up adheres to the Financial Handbook, NRC policies, and donor and auditor requirements
· Implement NRC’s financial systems, routines and procedures
· Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows
· Management of financial team
· Training of line managers and staff with financial responsibilities
· Provide regular analysis and reports
· Implement the anti-corruption policy
· Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the country strategy
· Build the wider team of finance staff through regular support and capacity building
· Provide analysis of financial position for the Country Director as required
· Ensure anti-corruption training and risk-mapping is undertaken regularly
· Assist the Country Director with other responsibilities
· Part of the Country Management Group
· Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior Financial Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
· Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
· Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
· Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
· Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems
· Fluency in English, both written and verbal
· Knowledge of the refugee context in Kenya
· Experience of leadership in CMG or equivalent
· Sound knowledge of compliance and anti-corruption including investigation procedures
Education field: Finance / Economics
Education level: College / University, Bachelor’s degree
· Managing performance and development
· Empowering and building trust
· Managing resources to optimize results
· Handling insecure environments
Contract period is up to December 2019 with possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Nairobi.
*Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position*
Travel: Some travelling must be expected
How to Apply
Visit www.nrc.no to apply online
· Location: Kenya
· Industry: Emergency Relief
· Special field: Finance
· Role: Middle / line manager
Deadline for application: 11/04/2019