Food for the Hungry – Kenya a Christian relief and development agency seeks to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: Driver
Job Title: Driver
Reports To: Logistics Manager
Contract Period: One year (renewable)
Application deadline: 5th April 2019
Values, Vision, and Purpose: At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision, and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
Position in the Organization: The Drivers report hierarchically to Logistics Manager.
Purpose of the Job: To facilitate transportation of staff to various destinations, ensuring vehicles are well maintained at all times and to exercise caution on the roads for safe trips
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
Key result # 1 – Transportation of staff / donors / or other visitors
1. Facilitate transportation of staff and other visitors to various destinations as requested.
2. Drive carefully at all times and ensure safety of the passengers, other road users as well as the vehicle.
3. Undertake other errands as directed e.g paying bills, transporting purchased office supplies e.t.c
Key result # 2 – Vehicle check / maintenance
1. Ensure insurance covers and road licenses and inspection certificates are up to date.
2. Ensure cleanliness of the assigned vehicle at all times and that the vehicle is in good condition before use.
3. Carry out periodic checks on the assigned vehicles to determine maintenance needs and report accordingly
4. Ensure inventory of the vehicle items daily e.g. tools, jack, first aid kit, spare tyre,
5. Maintain a well updated and fully authorized vehicle log sheet and submit to Finance department as required.
· Vibrant personal relationship with Christ
· Ability to work for long hours
· Warm person who is able to relate well with others
· Knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance will be an added advantage.
Education and Experience
Form 4 certificate with a minimum of C and a valid accident free driving license classes BCE, plus 5 years’ experience in a similar position. Knowledge of the local language is a must.
Proficiency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (clearly indicating their current or expected salary), updated CV with three referees, day telephone contacts to:
Human Resource Manager
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
latest by 5th April 2019.
NB: Food for the Hungry (FH Kenya) does not solicit any type of payment for job applications or hiring processes.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted