Hi...struggling for life solutions? Contact Mugwenu Doctors. They use local herbs and strong spiritual powers to heal, solve problems, diseases like hbp, diabetes, weak penis, love, family problems, hardship in business, increase luck i.e tenders, promotion, evil spirits, bad dreams. Call +254740637248 or go to
Our client is a 4-Star rated hotel and seeks to hire a qualified person in the role of Accounts Receivables Officer.
The roles will be based in Kisumu.
The roles will be based in Kisumu.
Job Purpose: The successful candidate will be responsible for processing invoices and collections. His/her prime duty is to look after collections ensuring that the company receives its payments when due in an effective and timely manner as per the credit policy.
Important: Applicants MUST have prior experience as Accounts Receivable Officer/Accountant or Credit Control in a hotel/hospitality industry.
Core Work Activities
· Investigate credit application for new accounts, reviewing accounts for potential problems on an ongoing basis and maintaining contracts with other parties to enable timely detection of payment problems.
· Conduct credit investigation, so that an intelligent appraisal of customers worth, character and ability to pay may be ascertained to justify extension of credit.
· Review supporting documents and verify the accuracy of balances in accounts receivables.
· Follow up collection of accounts receivable in a firm but diplomatic manner, calculated to produce results and at the same time maintain good relationship with the customer.
· Liaise with Reservations, Sales and Banqueting departments in all disputed accounts. Process accounts queries and respond to customer queries as required.
· Reconcile all credit card charges to payment received.
· Post all cheques received daily and allocate in Sun system.
· Hold an exit interview with corporate client organizer and verify authenticity of their bill and ensure client leave with their bill. Bills should be entered in a delivery book and signed for while issuing.
· Close all accounts receivable and generate statements on or before 5th of every month.
· Distribute invoices and have sign-off through the delivery book.
· Prepare and distribute invoices of employees City Ledger accounts monthly.
· Ensure all invoices bear Electronic Tax Register (ETR) or Electronic Signature Device (ESD) tax signature.
· He/she maintains debtor’s records and files, copies of all valid contracts and vendor file.
· Posts and allocates debtors payments in Sun system.
· Ensure the Rate-Grid in Fidelio is authentic and updated.
· Generates on spreadsheet a detail record of all ledger collections on weekly / monthly basis.
· Generate debtors listing (Ageing analysis) on a monthly basis, using this information to assist the Head of Finance with production of monthly management accounts.
Requirements & Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
· 1-3 years accounts receivable experience
· Hospitality experience is a MUST.
· Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
· Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs
· High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
· Excellent data entry skills
· Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
· Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
· Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
· Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
· Knowledge in the operations of hotel uniform accounting system will be an added advantage
· Customer service and negotiation skills
How to Apply:
If you meet the criteria set above, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly quoting “ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE OFFICER” on the email subject line.
The application deadline for is 20th April 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.