Job Title: Accounts Payable
Department: Finance & Accounting
Reports to: Head Accountant
Location: Kisumu, Kenya
Gross Salary: KShs 35,000 – 40,000
Job Purpose: Assists the head accountant in running accounting and control functions of the company and ensure proper funds management.
· Liaise and follow up with suppliers to request for invoices for payment for goods/services consumed.
· Reconcile/review on daily basis, accounts payable transactions in the suppliers’ accounts. Ensure that all monthly suppliers’ statements tally with suppliers’ ledger in
· Maintain vendor/suppliers files clearly indicating the serialization or other form of filing. Suppliers’ invoices should be filed in chronological and alphabetical order. Cheque payment voucher/Remittance advice should be kept in a separate file arranged in serial Oder. Serial number should be cheque number.
· Provide supporting documentation for audits with regards to the suppliers/Accounts payables accounts.
· Produced monthly aging reports for all suppliers to determine the period it takes to make payments to suppliers.
· Maintain listing of accounts payables.
· Receive suppliers’ invoices from store and confirm posting accuracy, all supporting documents such as LPO, Delivery notes and GRN are attached.
· Originate petty cash vouchers on daily basis, ensure that they are serially numbered and post the same to the fusion.
· Maintain a petty cash expenditure schedule in the format provided by Head Accountant. Ensure that all PCVs & IOUs are properly authorized before posting. All PCVs should be filed in serial order.
· Ensure that Cash purchase control account is reconciled against payments on daily basis. The account should always read nil balance.
· Preparation of suppliers’ payment on weekly basis or on demand and posting the same to fusion.
· Generate and send out Debtor’s invoices on daily basis. Ensure that all checked out guest with balances are furnished with invoices for payment on daily basis
· Follow up on, collect and allocate payments on daily basis.
· Perform debtor’s reconciliations on daily basis.
· Monitor customer accounts details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities on daily basis.
· Research and solve payment discrepancies on daily basis.
· Generate aged analysis of debtors on monthly basis.
· Maintain accounts receivable customer files and records on daily basis.
· Transfer and reconcile credit card payments from credit card control account to bank on daily basis.
· Ensure all other control account such as direct bank deposit, M-Pesa, Cheque received and control accounts are zeroed at end of the day.
· Prepare bank deposits.
· Develop a recovery system and initiate collection efforts.
· Communicate with customers via phone, email or personally.
· Update and report on debtor’s collection schedule on Friday or upon request.
· Perform bank reconciliation on daily basis.
· Prepare VAT online return by 16th of every month.PAYE,NHIF,NSSF
· Prepare NSSF, NHIF, Catering levy and PAYE return by 5th of every month.
· Follow departmental procedures, policies and SOPs.
· Perform any other duties that may be allocated to you by head accountant.
· CPA 3 or equivalent qualifications.
· Knowledge of Material control and SunSystems will be an added advantage
· At least three (3) years of practical experience in a busy commercial organization preferably Hotel.
· Experience in hospitality industry desirable.
· Good analytical and communication skills.
· Have proven knowledge and work experience in computerized accounting system
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org