Accountant (Accounting & Tax Firm)
Location: CBD, Nairobi
Location: CBD, Nairobi
Our client, an accounting and tax consultancy firm, is recruiting for an Accountant to join their team..
Job Summary: You will provide clients with accurate quantitative information on financial position while ensuring they are compliant with all tax regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
· Document financial transactions by entering account information.
· Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
· Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
· Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
· Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
· Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
· Secure financial information by completing data base backups.
· Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
· Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
· Comply with government financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
· Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
· Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Key Requirements & Competencies
· 4-5 years work experience as an Accountant
· CPA (K)
· Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
· Hands-on experience with accounting software like QuickBooks
· Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
· Experience with general ledger functions
· Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
· BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
· Audit experience is an added advantage
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 18th April 2019
Correspondence: Detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.