· have a Bachelors degree from a University recognized Kenya;
· possess good communications skills; and
· be results oriented and committed to continuous learning. Note: proficiency in one of the following United Nation languages, viz: French, Spanish, Chinese, Russian and Arabic, in addition to English, or any other relevant international language will be an added advantage.
An officer at this level will be considered to be on-the job training and will undertake the Foreign Service Entry Course at the Foreign Service Institute lasting not less than three (3) months.
· participating in and reporting on meetings with foreign diplomats and/or dignitaries and preparing reports;
· undertaking guided research on foreign Services issues;
· drafting briefs, speeches and diplomatic notes and messages; and
· performing general protocol duties.