Our client, a leading business solutions provider in Kenya who deliver high-end technological solutions for world-class businesses is seeking to recruit a Company Secretary whose overall purpose is to manage the legal, compliance and support / aftersales related matters for the group.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Organize and prepare agendas and papers for board meetings, committees and annual general meetings (AGMs)
· Take minutes, draft resolutions, annual maintenance contracts, and lease agreements among others on as and when need basis.
· Follow up on actions from meetings
· Oversee policies, making sure they are kept up to date and referred to the appropriate committee for approval
· Maintain statutory books, including PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, Tax Compliance
· Deal with correspondence, collate information and write reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders
· Contribute to meeting discussions as and when required, and advise members of the various departments of the implications of proposed policies
· Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action
· Liaise with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors
· Take responsibility for the health and safety of employees and manage matters related to insurance and property
· Develop and oversee the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements
· Oversee and renew insurance cover for employees, company vehicles, equipment and premises
· Enter into contractual agreements with suppliers and customers
· Manage office space and property as well as deal with personnel administration
· Oversee public relations and aspects of financial management.
Qualifications and Experience
· A Bachelor’s / Postgraduate degree in LAW.
· Knowledge in the field of Corporate / Commercial Law / Banking and Financial service law will be an added advantage
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
· A diplomatic approach and the confidence to provide support to high-profile company staff and senior members
To apply, click the link: https://flexi-personnel.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/28865 on or before 11th March 2019.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement