Job Title: Office Administrator – Law Firm
We are looking to hire an office administrator to work in a busy law firm who will be responsible for the front desk operations, maintaining an effective workflow in the office and working on other duties assigned to them by the attorneys.
· Welcomes guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
· Manages correspondence by answering emails and sorting mail.
· Prepare and process standard legal documents including subpoenas, contracts, summonses, appeals, warrants and motions.
· Organize conference room scheduling, equipment, and cleaning and organize catering, coffee, or other refreshments as needed.
· Organize and coordinate legal meetings including client interviews, hearings and depositions.
· Coordinate building and maintenance issues for general repair and updates, plan and oversee disaster and emergency procedures.
· Maintains attorney calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, dispositions, and travel; recording and monitoring court appearance dates, pleadings, and filing requirements; monitoring evidence-gathering; anticipating changes in litigation or transaction preparation requirements.
· Coordinate and participate in office space planning, maintenance and renovations when necessary and supervise cleaning crew and cleanliness of office space.
· Assist with billing by preparing and sending invoices; maintain client databases; track accounts; oversee the invoice workflow, and assist in copying and distributing production orders and other internal documents as requested
· Review legal publications and perform database searches to identify laws and court decisions relevant to pending cases.
· Composing and preparing confidential correspondence, reports and other complex corporate documents.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business Administration or any other related business course.
· At least 5 years’ experience working in a busy medium sized law firm.
· Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel); scheduling appointments/updating calendars a must.
· In-depth knowledge of office management.
· Must be 40 years of age or below.
· Secretarial diploma will be considered as a plus.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Understands the importance of confidentiality.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to interact professionally with clients both on the telephone and in person – even during stressful situations.
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, to email@example.com before end of day 22nd March 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.