Job Vacancy: Senior Accountant
Job Vacancy: Senior Accountant
Do you have what it takes to join a vibrant team?
Vivo Activewear prides in inspiring women to look and feel great. It is a place to explore potential, eliminate boundaries and push out the edges of what we can be. The company seeks to nature talent, grow and bring dreams to fruition. Our culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding performance. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries to bring skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving Fashion Industry.
About the position
The position holder will apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by compiling information, preparing financial statements, and utilizing, adhering and enforcing the appropriate accounting control procedures. He will report to the Chief Finance Officer.
· Preparations of timely and accurate monthly/quarterly management reports
· Handling statutory deductions and tax payments while observing the stipulated deadline dates of submission, this includes the following taxes, Income tax, VAT, PAYE, Withholding tax, NHIF, NSSF NITA levies etc.
· Coordinate both external and internal audits and ensure effective implementation of audit recommendations, making of final accounts.
· Responsible to check and reconcile respective bank statements on a monthly and weekly basis.
· Ensuring financial transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting systems
· Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
· Reviews accounts payables and weekly check runs and reconciles
· Responsible for verification of income auditing, receivables & debtors reconciliation
· Analyze transactional processes and identify areas where additional accuracies and efficiencies can be achieved.
· Coordinate monthly closing process and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
· Provide feedback on company policies and procedures, and constantly look out for potential changes which could improve operational efficiency, reduce costs or improve cash flow management.
· Implement a strict internal control framework, with adequate checks and balances, to mitigate against the risk of fraud or error.
· Provide monthly cash flow forecasts for CFO to review and sign off on.
· Prepare weekly lists of payment runs for approval by the CFO.
· Strong leadership skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Should be of a smart appearance and articulate.
· Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Business Management (Accounting/Finance Option), Economics, or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution
· Qualified Accountant (CPA (K), ACCA , or equivalent) are a mandatory requirement
· Strong financial and accounting knowledge (IFRS)
· Strong consolidation knowledge and experience
· Statutory understanding (companies act and Tax)
· Financial analysis experience
How to Apply
Please indicate your salary expectation on the subject line.
Applications that do not include the salary expectation will NOT be considered.
If you believe you are the right person for the position and would like to be a part of our Team, kindly send a detailed CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 2, 2019.
The subject of your email should be “Senior Accountant – (Expected Salary)”
We would love to respond to all your applications but due to a large number of applications received for advertised positions, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.