Job Vacancy: Data Clerk
Main Objectives of this position: The data clerk will be responsible for the transcription of data to electronic databases at the research clinic. His/her main role will be to transcribe research data collected from paper case report forms (CRFs) to electronic databases in a timely and accurate manner, and ensure the data is shared with study investigators weekly.
He/she will work under the supervision of the Clinic Section Head and in collaboration with other study staff.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks include:
· Transcribe data from paper case report forms to electronic databases such as SPSS, REDCap and MS Access/Excel
· Liaise with project doctors and nurses for accurate and completion of patient CRFs
· Maintain the effectiveness and efficiency of existing data systems and where necessary initiate corrective measures in various studies
· Ensure timely and accurate update and availability of data whenever needed
· Ensure data backups are current and effective
· Run consent audit program every week to ensure all informed consent forms have been accounted for
· Transfer databases to shared online space on a weekly basis for access by investigators
· Prepare data for cleaning on a quarterly basis by creating and printing data line lists, and performing line listing of the data with other staff
· Solve data queries when they come up and provide updated/clean data
· Participate in regular data management SOP revision and training
· Maintain privacy and confidentiality of research participants
· Perform other tasks as assigned by clinical section head, other section heads or study Principal Investigator
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experiences:
· Diploma in Information Technology (IT) or any other relevant basic data management training
· Computer literacy skills with MS Office and SPSS Software.
· Knowledge of REDCap will be an added advantage
· Good communication and inter-personal skills
· Trained in Good Clinical Practice and Human Subjects Research
· Able to work with minimal supervision, and be ready to work for long hours when necessary
Terms of Employment: 1-year renewable contract. Successful candidate will undergo a 3 months’ probation period.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online