Vacancy Announcement: Accounts Assistant
Date Re-issued: 7 November 2018
Organization: Kimetrica Limited
Closing date: 11 November 2018
Nature of Assignment: Full Time Employee
The overall objective of this position is to assist with accounts payable, statutory payments, petty cash management, project expenses and back reconciliations on QuickBooks.
The Accountant will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Finance and will work with the Project Accountant in Kenya office.
1. Accounts Payables
· QuickBooks entry of bills/invoices and correct project coding as given by Accountant.
· Invoice Filing and Box Archiving
· Writing of supplier & consultant cheques
2. Statutory Requirements
· PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, HELB & SACCO payment processing
· VAT filling
· Withholding Taxes processing
3. Petty Cash Management
· Maintain accurate petty cash register & ensure completeness of petty cash vouchers
· Archive & file Petty Cash Vouchers and Receipts
· Reconcile petty cash account
4. Project Expenses
· Filing hard copy and archive in Box Project Expense Reports
· Daily QuickBooks Data Archive
· Assist Project Accountant with end Month Procedures e.g timesheet analysis
· Bank Reconciliations
· Any other duty as directed by the Accountant
· CPA part II.
· One (1) year accounting or audit experience.
· Working knowledge of Quickbooks.
· Proficiency in Ms Office with emphasis on Google Suite.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Team player.
· Interpersonal skills.
· Willingness to observe deadlines and set targets.
· Attentive to details
Terms and Conditions
· Opportunities for specialised training in project based accounting
· Nairobi based
· Competitive salary and benefits
· The position is full time
· Opportunities for rapid career development in a young and growing company
How to Apply:
Submit a detailed CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suited for the position to email@example.com by COB, 11th November 2018.
Please put in the subject line of your e-mail: “Accountants Assistant”.
DO NOT INCLUDE SCANS OR COPIES OF CERTIFICATES AND REFERENCES.
We will only contact eligible candidates to further discuss their availability.