· To ensure knowledge of special promotions offered by the hotel and to passing this information on to the guest whenever the possibility arises.
· Promoting the other departments within the hotel at every given opportunity in order to maximize hotel sales.
· Ensuring that all reservations have the correct deposit taken.
· Ensuring that all confirmations are sent out by the end of the shift.
· Being aware of the hotel availability and that every opportunity to maximize room sales is taken.
· Offering assistance to other departments, including Bar, Restaurant, Spa and Housekeeping as necessary
· Awareness of all written and spoken requests and to carry out these requests in a courteous and helpful manner.
· Ensuring that all charges are correctly posted to the guests’ bills following the standard procedures.
· To deal with cash, cheque and credit transactions and to ensure that any discrepancies are reported immediately.
· To ensure that all messages received for guests are passed on accurately and as quickly as possible.
· Supervise all other Receptionists’ duties.
· Ensuring the security of guests’ property, and lost property following security procedures.
· Degree/diploma in Administration or office management
· 3 years’ experience in a similar role
· MS Office Computer Skills
· Work planning and organization skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Attention to detail
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply