ICT Systems Administrator
Karen, Nairobi, Kenya
Purpose of the position: The purpose of this position is to ensure the effective planning, design, implementation, and maintenance of mission critical enterprise systems. Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex business systems.
· Develops strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application.
· Monitors health of systems and provides appropriate recommendations, when required.
· Coordinates and validates activities.
· Manages user access to, systems, servers, and files.
· Administers the set-up of new profiles, creates and updates access permissions and maintains user accounts.
· Installs, configures and maintains system hardware and software components.
Design / Develop
· Analyzes, designs, develops, and documents systems to meet business requirements.
· Supervises the monitoring procedures and evaluates problems identified by team members.
· Determines infrastructure systems specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
· Identification of issues regarding impact of and integration with existing architecture, processes and systems.
· Provides Level 2 production support to the field.
· Supervises the IT Officer Customer Support in the field
· Diagnoses escalated problems or escalates, when needed.
· Makes recommendations to improve security and participates in investigations as needed.
· Designs and assists in the development of a comprehensive disaster recovery plan both for Karen and the field.
· Assists in the development of disaster recovery plans with service providers in regard to enterprise
Policies, Procedures and Standards
· Supports and helps establish systems environment standards.
· Works with auditors, security groups, and data owners to make sure of governance, regulations, and compliance to policies and procedures.
· Fast thinker and able to make rational decisions even under pressure
· Fast learner and always a step ahead in terms of IT security
· Team Player
· Committed person
· Able to communicate effectively
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
· Educational requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field
· Technical Requirement: Technical Training qualifications required: MCSE or MCITP, CCNA, VMware ESXi and VCenter Server administration, Lotus Domino administration, HP Blade System Solutions Support certification or equivalent experience.
· Certification: CISA or CISM certification will be an added advantage
· Experience: At least 3 – 4 years of experience in busy IT office. 2 years as Systems Administration.
· Good working knowledge of office automation applications (Microsoft Office) and
· Excellent communication and inter-personal skills. Must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment
· Excellent analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
· Customer-focused. Must demonstrate a strong willingness to meet the customer’s needs while balancing the organization’s needs and priorities
· Demonstrates eagerness and aptitude for acquiring necessary technical knowledge, skills and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve a client’s needs effectively
· Excellent time-management skills. Able and willing to meet deadlines.
· Ability to work in, and contribute to, team building environment
· Must be willing to travel to various locations in Somalia, and to live under harsh conditions
· Must be able to speak, understand and write fluent English
How to Apply
Closing Date: 23-Oct-2018
Director – People & Culture (Human Resource) Admin & Security
Purpose of the Position: Provides quality and efficient leadership, advice and oversight in all aspects of People & Culture across the National Office with the aim of optimizing the performance, sustaining the culture and ensuring alignment with World Vision International’s Global People & Culture strategy, the East Africa Regional P&C strategy and the National Office strategy.
Strategic Leadership and Planning:
· Provide guidance and manage the overall provision of Human Resource policies, strategy, services, and programs for the entire organization.
· Lead the P&C team and participate in strategic and tactical planning sessions for organization effectiveness and individual business units to meet organizational goals.
· Lead, plan and co-implement initiatives towards the realization of the organizational vision, mission and strategic and annual operating plan.
· Develop 3 year P&C business plan aligned with Regional strategy and World Vision Kenya (WVK) strategy.
· Guide/support organizational structure design and redesign efforts to ensure the realization of intended business results and impact.
· Provide expertise on business strategies, human resources processes (including but not limited to Recruitment, Employment, Benefits/Medical, Compensation, Orientation, Staff and Leadership Development), and organizational policies and practices.
· Provide Organizational Development (OD) budget guidelines for the various units to incorporate in their annual operational planning.
· Contextualize & Implement new partnership wide P&C policies.
· Align WVK priorities with the East Africa Region’s strategy and ensure they are integrated with partnership standards.
· Provide input into People and Culture related research, provides WVK perspective on analysis and reporting.
· Complete National Office P&C Dashboard, targets and other relevant human capital metrics.
· Ensure personnel record management and WV organizational regulations are in line with the local labor laws and WVK policies.
· Assure P&C enterprise risks management by testing P&C Internal controls. (MWRAP)
· Source and implement desired technologies in alignment with global and Regional requirements.
Compensation, Benefits, and Total Rewards and Employee Engagement:
· Responsible for full implementation of Total Rewards Philosophy in line with HWMS.
· Manage the establishment and approval of compensation & benefits benchmarking markets for the National Office.
· Provide oversight for the establishment of salary ranges for each grade in the WVK.
· Provide strategic planning for movement of staff to appropriate positioning within salary ranges.
· Contextualizes and monitors implementation of partnership compensation programs and strategies in WVK.
· Direct organization-wide initiatives that lead to the health, performance and overall satisfaction of staff.
· Ensure employee safety, welfare, wellness and health.
Staffing, Workforce Planning and Diversity:
· Lead in selection, hiring and termination of human resource staff in WVK.
· Ensure local contextualization (legal/industrial) that results in National Office roles are filled with appropriate candidates, whilst maintaining Global standards, processes, policies.
· Ensure compliance with International Staffing Solutions/partnership staffing policy and protocols.
· Provide staff support to recruitment process and participates in selection as appropriate.
· Conduct annual Workforce Plan for WVK.
· Ensure WVK compliance to Partnership Orientation
· Contextualize Partnership Retention Strategy and ensures execution.
· Contextualizes Partnership Diversity Strategy and ensures execution.
Talent Management & Leadership Development:
· Design, implements and facilitates the talent management process in WVK.
· Lead & provide support to replicate integrated talent management programme.
· Lead the development of People & Culture Staff Professional Skills Development Programmes.
· Advise the National Director to review and validate mission critical leadership positions and their successors.
· Be intentional in identifying and developing leadership skills in Leaders and Managers.
· Cascade Succession Planning across WVK for key Positions (discuss readiness).
· Develop a P&C Succession Plan.
· Manage implementation of Personal Development needs assessment and Development Plans for all P&C critical positions.
· In consultation with EAR P&C, implement coaching and mentoring programmes.
· Coordinate learning & development initiative to ensure fit with WVK priorities.
· Within the Leadership Team, lead change initiatives towards the fulfillment of ongoing cohesion and effectiveness of operations and functions.
Performance Management and P&C Compliance:
· Facilitate initiatives towards integration and delivery of organization performance, health and team cohesion organization-wide (both within Kenya and linking the Kenya office to the wider World Vision International Partnership initiatives).
· Ensure effective and efficient performance management and Individual Development plans.
· Review, analyse & submit annual end of appraisal statistics.
· Provide guidance, advice and support to P&C staff in WVK.
· Guide management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
· Provide support to the SMT at all levels to develop appropriate performance management culture.
· Comply with Kenya labour laws, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
· Provide and monitor P&C operating budget and monthly expenses against the budget.
· Establish and utilize a network of resources internally and externally to meet the organization’s learning and development needs.
· Direct the HR processes to ensure efficient and effective service delivery to key stakeholders, namely staff.
· Be responsible for employee safety, staff -welfare, wellness and health.
Organizational Development and Culture:
· Design, develop, implement and assess Organizational Development strategies and systems in support of the overarching strategic plan.
· Manage the overall performance and resources of Organizational Development to ensure the effective and responsive delivery of services to senior leaders, managers and all other employees.
· Oversee organizational design guidelines to WVK.
· Provides national resources to execute partnership and local change management approach.
· Ensure Change Management capacity in WVK as appropriate.
· Contextualizes and administers staff well-being programs throughout WVK.
· Conduct the Partnership satisfaction and engagement initiatives within WVK and leads efforts to respond to issues surfaced.
· Ensure Employee Relations(ER) policies and programs within WVK and contextualizes as appropriate; Participates in ER investigations as required.
· Sets ER policies as required.
· Administer the program related to international assignees within the region.
· Contribute to the development of strategic directions and priorities for human resources and organisation development.
· Administer programs that address retention issues in WVK.
· Manage Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) capacity across WVK in alignment with WVK Staff Care strategy.
· Collaborate with WVK Security to prioritise staff safety in WVK, and the building of the appropriate culture that is security conscious.
· Provide strategic leadership to Administration function while mitigating operational risks and increasing overall security by establishing systems and mechanisms to ensure ministry effectiveness.
· To provide strategic security leadership to WVK Management so as to ensure efficient and effective security for staff, assets and program continuity/operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· The position holder must have a Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational Development, Business Administration or related field.
· Minimum ten years’ experience in strategic human capital management of which six must be in a senior management position in a reputable organization and minimum three years international experience in relief or development programmes.
· Active membership and Certification from a recognized human resources professional body.
· Must be conversant with local and international labour laws.
· Position requires cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity.
· Proven broad – based experience in leadership, strategic management and results based management in human resources matters.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Good interpersonal relation skills.
· Position requires cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity.
· Complete compatibility with WV’s Mission, ethos, policies and core values.
How to Apply
Closing Date: 26-Oct-2018
Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
Karen, Nairobi, Kenya
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The purpose of this position is to provide leadership, management and coordination of East Africa region programme design, monitoring and evaluation (DME) function.
This position coordinates with Global Evidence & Learning, all support offices and Regional strategy and Technical Service Team (TSO) to ensure support for quality and effective programme design and measurement to assess progress and impact on child-wellbeing outcomes (CWBOs), reporting, wide dissemination of results internally and external for regional influence and resource acquisition.
As a member of the Evidence Support team (EST), and evidence and learning COP the advisor will contribute to the development and improvement of existing DME and programme research guidance materials, standards and guidelines and tools.
In collaboration with Support Offices, through the PST mechanism, this position will lead regional capacity building support for NOs in DME.
The role will also focus on knowledge management, focusing the creation, sharing and learning within communities of practice as well as between NOs in the region. It will support and coordinate the identification of knowledge needs across the National offices, documentation and management of the knowledge to ensure easy accessibility and storage of the knowledge in WV Central.
DME Leadership, towards Strategy Alignment and Implementation:
· Contribute to regional and NOs strategy alignment and provide expert leadership for DME strategic approaches.
· Collate and share with regional SMT strategic, concise and timely results on all NO programme baselines, semi-annual and annual programme outputs and inputs, evaluations and programme implementation quality review.
· Provide DME technical support to national offices during strategy monitoring and evaluation.
· Represent regional WV DME in strategic internal and external knowledge sharing and decision-making forums.
Programme Design and Implementation Quality:
· Roll-out guidance including Development Programme Approach (DPA) and coordinate technical support and learning for LEAP 3 Technical Programme (TP) and Community Engagement and Sponsorship Programme (CESP) to ensure timely and strengthened quality of NO programme designs and redesigns.
· Provide technical support for NOs to set realistic programme monitoring and evaluation targets, report on performance against targets and utilise results to improve programme implementation and measurement.
· Provide leadership and technical support to ensure NO’s have good root cause analysis, theory of change; TP designs have good logframes and M&E plans that use the core standard outcome and output indicators.
· Provide leadership and technical support to ensure NO utilise evidence-based project models in their TP designs, TP designs have standards and process to enhance implementation quality and TP implementation fidelity in NOs is assessed and results documented.
· Contribute to development, review and improvement of Partnership design guidance, standards and tools.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Impact Reporting:
· Provide leadership and technical input to conduct NO ME capacity assessment and capacity enhancement action plans.
· Provide leadership and coordinate with GC Evidence & Learning to ensure development and execution of a coordinated and systematic capacity building in DME to strengthen expertise across all the NOs in the region.
· Provide coordination and support for NOs to plan, execute and report on their TP and grant programme baselines, mid-term review and evaluations ensuring collection of both quantitative and qualitative data assessing CWBOs and sustainability drivers.
· Provide leadership, coordination and capacity building to develop and enhance comprehensive and effective NO programme monitoring systems.
· Provide Leadership and technical support for NOs to effectively use Horizon to record their programme outcome, output, activity and input results to enhance data access, retrieval, analysis, and reporting efficiency.
· Provide leadership and technical support for NOs to utilize technology such as mobile and GIS to capture monitoring and evaluation data and present results.
· Provide leadership and technical support for NOs to write good quality CWB outcome and output reports.
· Compile and disseminate widely regional CWB outcome and output reports.
Learning and Innovation:
· Promote learning and innovation in DME across the region.
· Leverage the E&L CoP to promote learning on strategic DME priorities across the region.
· Strengthen and streamline region wide utilization of knowledge assets to achieve our ministry objectives.
· Oversee the development and management of past research findings through documentation, publishing and dissemination of results.
· Ensures that KM interventions and approaches are aligned with regional strategic priorities.
· Update and maintain the EARO WV Central page with up to date content and information.
· Promote knowledge generation through the organization’s operational business processes.
· Ensure information sharing across Global CoPs and the EARO based CoP Chapters, business units, and networks on documentations and innovative approaches.
DME Talent Management:
· Provide technical support to national offices during recruitment, performance management and mentoring of DME technical leaders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Masters degree in humanitarian, development or social science related field.
· Advanced academic training and excellent technical expertise in qualitative and quantitative programme measurement and analysis in any of the sectors implemented by World Vision.
· Minimum 10 years of experience in relief and development work with 7 of these being in practical work in designing and setting up programme measurement systems and processes and DME capacity buiding.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
· At least 7 years developing country contexts experience in working with community-based development programs.
· Excellent facilitation, negotiation, coordination and networking skills.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
· Data analysis and technical report writing.
· Program design.
· Program management.
· Good working relationships with NOs.
· Work Environment:
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
How to Apply
Closing Date: 26-Oct-2018