KIPCHOGE KEINO is untouchable even after stealing sh55 Million during Rio Olympic Games – see what DPP HAJI has said


Friday October 19, 2018-Anti Corruption Court Magistrate, Douglas Ogoti, has today postponed the corruption case facing athletic legend, Kipchoge Keino, until the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) gives fresh recommendations.
Keino, who is a former chairman of the National Olympics Committee of Kenya (NOCK), is accused of embezzling sh 55 million during the 2016 Olympic Games.
The magistrate issued an order after Keino’s lawyer, Mr. Cecil Miller, told court that the DPP has requested to have the plea taking deferred for seven days.
Mr. Miller also told the court that he had written to the DPP who responded while recommending that his plea taking be postponed to a later date.
He presented two letters to the court indicating the communication.
In the letters, it has emerged that Mr. Keino was not involved in the day-to-day running of NOCK and that he did not authorize inclusion of his son into the Kenyan delegation team that went to Brazil for the 2016 Olympic Games.
Following the new development, the DPP has directed DCI to conduct fresh investigations and for Mr. Keino to record another statement in regard.
Keino will appear in court on November 16.
The Kenyan DAILY POST

Leave a Comment

Loading...
Loading...

This Is How I Caught My Cheating Wife! Don’t Joke With People Like Me!

Last year while scrolling through my wife’s phone, I stumbled upon a message written to her by an unknown man. I’m not sure how it hap...

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

2012 The Kenyan DAILY POST. All Rights Reserved. - Designed by Denno