The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa- Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet, with plans to spread to Narok.
With the ongoing expansion we seek to recruit a professional for the following vacant position:
Clinical Nurse – Narok Medical Centre
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Senior House Officer In charge the successful candidate will provide quality nursing services including performing necessary procedures at the Medical Centre.
· Initiates nursing process.
· Ensure safe custody and correct administration of drugs.
· Implement prompt action on doctors’ orders.
· Communicate effectively to relevant departments on patients’ concerns and conditions.
· Coordinate safe transfer of patients
· Support administrative functions of the clinic when called upon to do so.
· Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse or Kenya Registered Nurse / Midwife.
· Basic Life Support /Advanced Cardiac Life Support and any other specialty certification will be an added advantage.
· Over one year experience in a Medical / Surgical setting in a busy medical institution.
· Valid Kenyan nursing practice license.
· Working knowledge of a hospital Management Information System.
· Excellent public relations and communication skills.
Sonographer – Narok Medical Centre
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Radiology Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for providing safe, efficient, high quality diagnostic imaging services through the use of modern imaging technology that includes computerized X-ray machine and multi probe ultrasound unit.
· The purpose of this position is to undertake initial patient evaluation, provide diagnostic radiographs, perform ultrasound and Doppler examinations by capturing images of diagnostic value.
· Ensure radiation safety measures and protection are observed to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety to patient’s staff and self.
· Ensure scheduled maintenance, and calibration of medical equipment’s are in place and followed.
· Ensure accurate documentation and care of patients’ records.
· Higher Diploma in Ultrasound
· Two (2) years working experience in similar position
· Registered and licensed by The Kenya Radiation Protection Board
· A member of Society of radiographers in Kenya (SORK).
· High level of confidentiality, discretion and trustworthiness.
· Good communication skills.
Cleaner – Narok Medical Centre
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Senior House Officer in charge, the successful candidate will be responsible for the general cleaning of the facility and any other duties that may be assigned to ensure a safe and hygienic work environment.
· Certificate in Housekeeping and Laundry
· Good communication skills (Oral and written) in both English and Kiswahili
· Over one year working experience in a similar position
How to Apply
Only qualified candidates are encouraged to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 3rd November, 2018.
If you do not receive any response from us, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Interested candidates should also note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not solicit any funds for purposes of recruitment.
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”