Senior Assistant Office Administrator
The Taita Taveta County Public Service Board invites applications from suitable and qualified serving officers in the County Public Service to fill the following vacant positions:
An officer at this level will be deployed in a Section Head’s office and may be required to work for more than one officer.
· Typing from drafts, manuscripts or recording from dictation machines;
· Processing data; operating office equipment;
· Attending to visitors/clients; handling telephone calls and appointments;
· Ensuring security of office records, equipment and documents,including classified materials; Preparing responses to simple routine correspondence;
· Guide and supervise junior secretarial personnel.
· Recording dictation in shorthand and transcribing it in typewritten form
· Must have served in the grade of Assistant Office Administrator I JG ‘K’ for a minimum of three (3) years
· Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance results
· Diploma in Secretarial studies from Kenya Examination Council or Business Education single of group certificates
· Certificate in Public Relation and Customer care lasting for not less than 2 weeks
The following qualifications from the Kenya National Examinations Council:
· Shorthand III (minimum 110 w.p.m.)
· Typewriting III (50 w.p.m.)/Computerised Document Processing III
· Business English III/Communications II
· Commerce II
· Office Management III/Office Administration and Management III, and Secretarial Duties II; Satisfy the requirement of chapter six
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are requested to make their applications by completing a CPSB Job Application form 2018. The form may be downloaded from the Taita Taveta County Government website, CPSB portal.
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to:
County Public Service Board
Or hand delivered at the Board offices Ground floor Maghamba Plaza, Opposite Kenya Power offices, Voi on or before Monday 24th September 2018
Candidates should not attach any documents to the application form. All details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce original Identity card/Passport , Appointment letter, last promotion letter and all the relevant professional/ Academic certificates
Canvassing shall lead to disqualification.