Founded in 1979, Action Against Hunger (AAH) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers programs in over 44 countries. Recognized worldwide as a leader in the fight against hunger, our mission is to save lives through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, especially during and after emergency situations and conflicts.
From crisis to sustainability, Action Against Hunger tackles the underlying causes of malnutrition and its effects. By integrating our programs with local and national systems, we further ensure that short-term interventions become long-term solutions.
With head offices in France, the United Kingdom, Spain, the United States and Canada, our international network shares its combined resources, breadth of experience and technical expertise in pursuit of a world without hunger. Action Against Hunger has been present in Kenya since 2001 and is currently implementing activities in West Pokot, Mandera, Samburu, Isiolo, Trans Nzoia, Kakamega, Bungoma and Busia counties.
With the support of the national MoH, Kenya Red Cross Society and UNICEF, Action Against Hunger has been working with the County government of Isiolo on the management of acute malnutrition (IMAM) in Kenya. Action Against Hunger is looking to implement a BSFP which will complement the existing ACF nutrition emergency response supported by ECHO, HIF, CIFF and UNICEF in the county. This program, while working closely with MoH will target all children between 6 to 59 months plus the pregnant and lactating women with children below 6 months in Isiolo County.
· Degree in business related Field : Finance/Accounting.
· Professional qualification of CPA will be added advantage
· Basic knowledge of and interpretation of the Kenyan labour laws
· Excellent analytical and writing skills..
· Problem Solver.
· Compatability for both independent and team work.
· Persuasive and confident communicator,able to deal with senior colleagues throughout the organisation.
· Persistence and assertiveness combined with tact and diplomacy
· 3 -5 years experience in busy organisation or Non profit organisation
· Demonstrated flexibilty and or adaptability.
· Excellent organizational and planning skills
· Good writing skills.
· Good management and representation skills
· Good interpersonal skills
· Strong leadership skills
· Ability to work in a high pressured environment
· Base Treasury and Cash Count,
· Monthly accountancy and supporting documentation
· HR monthly reports
· Payroll Alteration forms
What Action Against Hunger will offer:
· Start date: Immediate.
· Duty station: Isiolo.
· Remuneration package: Very Competitive salary package with additional benefits to include:
· Career development opportunities with Action Against Hunger
· Training opportunities
· Comprehensive medical cover for self and dependents
· Opportunity to work in a good and friendly environment with a dynamic and motivated team
· Action Against Hunger will not cater for relocation expenses
How to Apply:
Applications, should include a CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 24 September 2018 clearly mentioning the position on the subject
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.