Job Purpose: To physically receive, unload and load trucks with client materials/products accordingly and maintain an inventory control; Ensure the warehouse is stocked with essential equipment; Support in coordinating the movement and storage of goods in a warehouse.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Goods Handling
· Ensure that incoming goods are unloaded and stored correctly and safely in the warehouse.
· Locate items needed and prepare them for loading
· Weigh and count items for distribution within the warehouse to ensure conformance to company and warehouse standards
· Monitor incoming and outgoing goods for obvious faults or defects and report to the supervisor or the Chief Operations Officer
· Ensure the warehouse machinery is serviced and functional
· Check orders using inventory control system against original purchase documents
· Ensure content of goods delivered are double-checked for accuracy
· Conduct warehouse stock audits
· Assist in counting of physical inventory
· Liaise with drivers and other transport workers to ensure that orders are loaded and unloaded.
· Liaise frequently with client services staff, often to give client details of loading times and delivery time estimates
· Perform monthly inventory checks
5. Support in labelling and packaging
· Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method
6. Support in Safety procedures
· Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for designated staff
· Ensure all persons accessing the warehouse follow all safety codes.
· Ensure compliance of safety procedures in running warehouse operations
Requirements for the Position
· Diploma in Store /Warehouse management or Procurement.
· Forklift truck Certification and License
· BCE Driving License
If you qualify for the above mentioned position, please send your cv on or before 15th September 2018 to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.