Co-operative Bank Kenya
Operations Officer, Remittances
We believe each customer interaction is an opportunity to delight, engage and inspire. By listening well to our customer needs then promptly meeting these needs, we can make quick wins with our customers. In the long run, consistent service experience would raise customer loyalty and build an enviable service brand for the Bank. Building this environment starts with YOU!
You are a natural facilitator who is driven, organized and detail oriented. You excel in program/ project management and can communicate with ease at all levels.
You are adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts by managing through relationships with a positive influence. You thrive in an ambiguous environment and display grace even under fire. If this sounds like you then consider this exciting opportunity.
Reporting to the Manager Remittances, within Diaspora Banking, the Operations Officer will be charged with the responsibility of providing support to the various agents in issues regarding remittances in a timely and efficient manner. He/she will act as a liaison for all the stakeholders in order to provide seamless service to the customers.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
· Be the point of contact between the partners and the bank and offer customer support to existing and newly on boarded money remittance partners such as Money Gram and Western Union Support.
· Train branch staff and partners on the system requirements for provision of remittance services to the customers.
· Facilitate user set-ups in the various outlets through liaising with the ICT support person to ensure that outlets are up and running in the shortest period possible and within the given SLAs.
· Negotiate rates with the treasury department on behalf of the branches for the settlement amounts due to them.
· Portray and maintain a polite, pleasant and friendly attitude with customers and seek timely and proper solutions to customers’ problems.
· Provide timely and organized responses to internal Customer questions and disputes.
· Develop and maintain excellent relationships with Business functions as well as Marketing and PR function.
· Develop and continuously review business operational policies and procedures ensuring their compliance with both internal and external regulatory requirements.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
· A Bachelor’s degree in a business related field from a recognized university.
· 5 years banking experience with at least a minimum of 3 year in a role handling operations and back office procedures in remittance services. Excellent knowledge of Remittance and treasury services.
· Knowledge of industry, advisory, regulatory and professional bodies coupled with a good understanding of legislation related to financial services and channel delivery.
· Ability to work well in a team, as well as manage multiple priorities in quick time frames.
· Proficient in MS Office with excellent report writing & Presentation skills.
· Excellent communication & interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to deal professionally, confidently and effectively with staff at all levels, internally and externally.
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com indicating the job reference number OOR/RBB/2018 by 19th September, 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Kingdom Securities Limited
Managing Director (MD)
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment?
The Co-operative Bank Kenya, “the kingdom bank” is the place for those looking to the new horizons.
Our mission is to offer value-added financial services to our chosen market segments with special emphasis on the co-operative movement through a highly effective network of service points, excellent customer service and a highly motivated team of qualified personnel.
It is against this background that we are looking to recruit a highly motivated and self-driven professional to join the team as Managing Director for Kingdom Securities Limited, a subsidiary of The Co-operative Bank Group.
The job holder will be expected to provide transformational and business leadership to Kingdom Securities Limited (KSL) which is a subsidiary of the Bank providing stockbroking services and to position KSL as the leading stockbroker in Kenya.
This is a high profile role that requires a seasoned, result oriented business leader with excellent leadership and commercial acumen abilities.
Specifically, the successful holder will be required to:
· Drive and achieve Kingdom Security Limited’s profitability objectives through strategies and innovative tactics to ensure superior business performance and significantly increase the Bank’s market share in the stock brokerage business
· Establish a strong corporate/institutional client base by establishing mutually profitable partnerships with leading Fund Managers, Insurance Companies, Banks and Parastatals for solid business growth in the corporate and institutional trading and advisory services.
· Fully utilize the strong retail business networks in the Bank to drive business and aggressively grow revenues for the organization.
· Grow the customer base of the company through aggressive customer acquisition of private and institutional customers and leveraging on the branch network and the captive Co-operative sector.
· Build the company’s transaction advisory capacity and business through participating in new listings coming into the market whilst continuing to scale up the research capabilities in the organization for in-depth market data analytics and trends.
· Lead the team in providing distinctive customer experience to all potential and current KSL customers to ensure mutually beneficial relationship management for enhanced customer retention
· Enhance the efficiency and establishment of internal operational controls and ensuring that the Company operates within all compliance, statutory and regulatory requirements e.g. Nairobi Stock Exchange, Company Act and CMA regulations just to name a few.
· Ensure prudent management of the financial assets of the subsidiary to facilitate optimization of returns.
· Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance and other related fields. A strong preference for an MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferably a Business related field.
· Professional Certification- Certified Financial Analyst or a relevant financial professional certification.
· A minimum of 10 years demonstrated experience in Investment Banking in a Senior Management position. Experience in a multi sector private equity or private equity transaction advisory will also be considered.
· Emerging market experience.
· Personal Attributes & Skills required in undertaking the role
· Excellent leadership skills, including experience managing investment professionals and with a strong team orientation.
· Working understanding of the regulatory framework i.e. Nairobi Stock Exchange, Capital Markets Authority and the Central Depository System Corporation.
· Experience in the Capital Markets Product Structuring and Trading.
· Experience in preparation and presentation of investment reports and proposals as well as Asset Management.
· Strong business acumen in modern investment techniques and experience working with complex financial models.
· Specialist knowledge of investment analysis and portfolio management process.
· Excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
· A sound knowledge in the field of Corporate Finance and asset management.
· Excellent negotiation skills.
· Impeccable communication and report writing skills.
How to Apply
If you meet the role, qualifications and person profile and you are interested in taking on an exciting opportunity to add value to your career, send your detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th September, 2018.
Please quote this reference on your application and on the subject line of your email as KSL/HRD/2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer