Former MP, JULIUS KONES, among those whose houses will be brought down by MIKE SONKO as he gets evicted

Friday August 10, 2018 - Former MP Julius Kones is among who have been evicted by Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko after his house was earmarked for demolition. 

Kones was living at Riverland Apartments located in Nairobi's Riara Estate which was marked by National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) for demolition.

This comes even as the Government of President Uhuru Kenyatta and Sonko’s administration continue to walk the talk on reclaiming grabbed public land and bringing down structures build on wetlands and sewer lines.

The former MP seems to be okay with the ongoing demolitions to save the riparian land and has given the Government a go ahead.

“The systems had completely collapsed in the past but a time comes when we have to do the right thing," expressed Kones.

Other tenants have expressed fears and have already started vacating their homes before bulldozers arrive.

“It was very shocking and devastating, first of all I was called from work and told our building had been marked, it is not safe staying in this part of Nairobi," said one of the tenants who sought anonymity.

The Kenyan DAILY POST

Leave a Comment

Loading...
Loading...

3 Good Things that Happened in the World in 2018

One of the things people always say about the media - and, let's face it, they are right - is that it builds its audience with the hel...

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

2012 The Kenyan DAILY POST. All Rights Reserved. - Designed by Denno