At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you’ll find exceptional work opportunities – throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific – as well as industry – leading training, career development, recognition and rewards.
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award – winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future waits!
As an Accounting Assistant, your responsibilities include managing expense reports and reimbursements, entering financial transactions into our internal databases and reconciling invoices.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Finance, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
· Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
· Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
· Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying PIN Numbers; scheduling and preparing cheques; contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation;
· Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
· Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
· Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
· Reports taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
· Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
· Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
· Provide necessary output requirements, documentation, and authorization for bank transfer data.
· Answer queries from suppliers.
· Previous experience is an asset
· Work experience as an Accounting Assistant or Accounting Clerk
· Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures
· Familiarity with finance regulations
· Good math skills and the ability to spot numerical errors
· Hands-on experience with MS Excel and accounting software
· Organization skills
· Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
· BSc/Ba in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
Visa Requirements: Eligible to work in Kenya
How to Apply