Job Title: Field Officer – Management Intervention on Small Firms in Kenya (AMI) Project
Reporting To: Associate Field Manager
Start Date: TBD
Duration: 1 Month
Deadline to Apply: 28th August,2018
Eligibility: Position open to local Kenyan hires only
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international non-profit research organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems.
IPA works in partnership with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations in the fields of health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture. We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the Project: This study aims to understand the impacts of a light touch management training on small firms in Kenya. IPA is working with the African Management Initiative (AMI) to conduct a Randomized Control Trial on one of their management training programs.
Unlike interventions offered by large consulting firms, AMI’s program costs about $500 per firm. The goal of this study is to understand the impacts of this program on not just management practices but also firm size, revenues and profits as this could be key to understanding low cost ways of improving firm outcomes in the developing world.
About the Position: The Field Officer, under the supervision of the Associate Field Manager and Senior Field Officer, will be primarily responsible for data collection as per the set targets. The Field Officer will be expected to assist with office tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
· Carrying out data collection
· Diligent completion of checklists and other means of monitoring data
· Data entry tasks as assigned by the supervisor
· Ensuring high data quality (low error rates)
· Proper use and maintenance of project equipment
· Prompt arrival at work and completion of scheduled activities each day
· Successfully working in a team and avoiding/minimizing conflicts with the rest of the team members
· Participating in staff trainings and making efforts to improve one’s capacity
· Other tasks as assigned by supervisors
· Positive, hard-work attitude, with the aim of individually and helping the team complete the work
· Diploma qualification (minimum)
· Excellent oral and written communication in both English and Kiswahili
· Excellent management and organizational skills;
· Should be willing to work under pressure
· Comfortable with interviewing individuals within their business areas or homes;
· Ability to work in rough terrain and harsh weather conditions in the field
· Ability to comfortably work in a team
· Honest, diligent and self-driven individual
· Bachelor’s degree
· Experience in data collection and survey administration, preferably using CAI (SurveyCTO)
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Field Officer-AMI Project. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.