We are ready to defend ourselves for saying UHURU & family have stolen everything in KenyaEditor's Choice, Forum and discussion 00:38
Friday, November 4, 2016 - The Nation Media Group has issued a letter responding to the Government after the Ministry of Information hit it with five demands following its coverage of the alleged Sh 5 billion scandal at the Ministry of Health.
In a statement to the public on Thursday, Nation Media Group Editor in Chief, Tom Mshindi, said that the media house was ready to defend itself when need arises.
“If it comes to us having to defend ourselves and the work that we have done, we shall be happy to do so,” Mshindi said.
Mr Mshindi also said that the company had taken note of the complaint letter presented by Information and Communication Cabinet Secretary, Joe Mucheru, to the Media Council of Kenya instructing the media house to apologise.
“We do note that it is not signed and at this point we just take note of it. Since it is addressed to the Complaints Commission of the Media Council of Kenya, we shall wait for directions from the Media Council of Kenya and obey summons issued," said Mshindi.
On Wednesday, the Government accused NMG of character assassination, defamation and outright depiction of all its officers as thugs after publication of the Mafia House scandal story by Business Daily on Wednesday last week.