SAD! This guy contracted a strange disease after being shaved in a Kinyozi (PHOTOs).Entertainment News, Gossip and Drama 13:02
Wednesday, 30 November 2016 - This man is fighting to clear a life-altering skin condition he contracted following a routine visit to the barber after his insurance refused to cover the removal surgery.
Keith Crowell developed keloids, or a keloid scar, on his skin about 12 years ago after he was cut on both sides of the neck during a hot shave.
Keloids are tough, heaped-up scar tissue that rises quite abruptly above the rest of the skin.
After being nicked by the barber, instead of healing the cuts just continued to grow more and more skin, which now resembles tumors sitting around his neck.
Crowell's insurance rejects his claim to visit the surgeon after categorizing the surgery as cosmetic - but he says they are wrong.
'I feel it's not cosmetic. This is my livelihood. This is my life right here,' Crowell said.
Crowell added that he often has difficulty sleeping because of the discomfort, which he tries to comfort by applying baby oil. Anything stronger will just irritate the skin.
He also has difficulty swallowing, as well as difficulty hearing, with the keloids now covering his ears.
See photos in the next page.
Page 1 2