Project Manager Job in Nairobi, KenyaJobs and Careers 12:59
Nature of Job: Full time
Our client, a leading construction company, is looking for a qualified and well experienced Project Manager who will be responsible for planning, executing, and closing projects according to strict deadlines and within budget, through acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders to be signed off before project commencement.
· Oversee quality control throughout the project life cycle.
· Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents e.g. project charter to ensure all stakeholders interests are addressed.
· Effectively communicate project expectations to project team members and stakeholders to ensure that project delivery timelines and quality are met.
· Execute and manage quality of project delivery while monitoring the key milestones as spelt in the project delivery plan.
· Provide project status reports to stakeholders on agreed time, indicating the budgetary, quality and timeline movements in the project.
· Draft and submit project budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
· Hand over the project to the client upon completion, while effectively closing all project contractual engagements i.e. administrative, budgetary, resources etc
· Prepare project completion report, documenting lesions learnt from the project delivery and providing performance feedback to teams and directors.
· Assist in the identify, preparation and submission project bids in line with the company scope of business, to ensure consistent business
· Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project being executed.
· Participate in networking and conferences that expose the business to various stakeholders in the businesses areas of interest e.g. civil works.
· Manage relationships with various stakeholders to maintain good rapport and alleviate constrained relations with important stakeholders.
· Ensure business brand is well positioned with both suppliers, sub – contractors and clients to enable further reference businesses
· Ensure that all project required documentation, are drafted, updated and filed within the required timelines.
· Ensure the project legal compliance is kept up to speed in regards to contractual, statutory and labour related costs as far as project is concerned.
· Handle any project related disputes and conflicts with a view to protect stakeholder interests and consistency project delivery.
· Handle the purchasing and delivery of project required materials, tools and equipment’s to enable continuous delivery of project work.
· Recruitment and dismissal of site staff in line with the project requirements.
· Vet and engage project suppliers and sub-contractors to be engaged in the delivery of a project to ensure budgetary provision and timeline needs are met.
· Manage resources for the site office to ensure smooth operations through procuring, managing and replenishing resources required for running the office administratively.
Project Financial Management
· Manage the allocated project funds in an efficient manner to ensure that the project delivery is done both in a timely and qualitative manner.
· Approve day to day expenses for project operations and project delivery in order to maintain smooth operations.
· Keep track of all financial transactions in line with the project to ensure that only authorized expenses are executed.
· Any other duties allocated by the directors in line with the work location from time to time.
· University degree in the field of Civil Engineering/Project Management/Finance
· Certification in Project Management would be an added advantage.
· 3 years’ experience in project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
Key Skills and Competencies
· Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
· Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
· Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
· Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
· Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources; management, clients, and other departments.
· Ability to bring project to successful completion.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
· Customer service skills an asset.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
How to Apply
If qualified send CV to email@example.com by 23rd November, 2016Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.