Finance Manager Job in Nairobi –NGOJobs and Careers 01:39
Reporting to: Director of Finance and Operations
Our Client, Global Programs for Research & Training, is an international NGO wholly owned and controlled affiliate of the University of California San Francisco (UCSF).
UCSF Global Programs is seeking to recruit a highly competent Finance Manager
Job Purpose: Responsible for managing financial functions at Global Programs.
The Finance Manager will monitor the implementation of financial systems, budgeting, expenditure tracking, financial reporting, and preparation of donor financial reports and management of other financial duties.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, acccounting or related field. MBA in a related field is preferred.
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) qualification.
· 7 years of experience in financial management
· Experience working in an international non-governmental organisation (iNGO) environment.
· Experience in financial management of US federal awards issued by agencies such as US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and National Institute for Health (NIH) as well as other donors.
· Experience in budgeting and variance reporting.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks
· 3-5 years of supervisory experience
Skills and Attributes:
· Personal integrity and transparency with direct supervisor(s)
· Excellent management and leadership skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong analytical, documentation and presentation skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report writing
· Ability to prioritise responsibilities under pressure and be self-motivated
· Willingness to travel to project areas.
· Fluency in both written and spoken English
Roles and Responsibilities
· Ensure compliance to the organisation finance policies and procedures.
· Ensure that the control of expenditure and the disbursement of resources is in accordance with established procedures and in compliance with donor requirements.
· Development of financial plans and budgets including preparation of various reports such as cash flow forecasts, budget variance reports, etc.
· Work with principal investigators and program managers to prepare proposal budgets.
· Establish and maintain cash controls and conduct periodic audits of petty cash accounts.
· Review and approve payments with requisite backup documents including payroll
· Monitor expenses against the program budget, and provide reports as needed.
· Review the field office fund requests and supporting documentation
· Approve all office requisitions and review procurement requests as per the authorisation policy
· Ensure that payment vouchers are per terms and conditions of vendor contracts
· Liaise with the Procurement Manager for timely settlement of vendor obligations, asset tagging and inventory management including disposal of equipment and inventory as per policy.
· Management of the accounts payable and accounts receivable and well as maintenance of the general ledger.
· Review bank reconciliations every month and forward them for approval as per policy.
· Preparation of accurate and timely financial statements
· Act as primary liaison for all external audits
· Responsible for ensuring statutory compliance including tax and filing of monthly and annual returns
· Supervise finance and accounting staff
· Any other duty allocated by the Director of Finance and Operations.
To apply for of this position, send a detailed CV and cover letter, stating your current position, current remuneration and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, November 23, 2016.NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement