Finance and Administration Coordinator Job in KenyaJobs and Careers 01:52
Duma Works is recruiting a Finance and Administration Coordinator for one of our clients. The Company is an importer and distributor of fine wines and spirits from renowned producers around the world.
Job Description: The Finance and Administration Manager will contribute to the day to day financial and administrative activities of the organisation, and play a key role in adhering and implementing company finance and administration policies.
The Finance and Administration Manager will be assigned ongoing responsibilities in finance, including bookkeeping, Quick-books transaction entries, report preparation, bank reconciliation, and others, as well as in administration, including: inventory management and reconciliation, vehicle and logistics, procurement, asset management, and others.
Specific roles and responsibilities include:
Finance and Accounting
· Prepare and maintain accurate, timely financial records for the organization in accordance with standard accounting procedures
· Develop, implement and ensure compliance with internal financial policies, procedures and control mechanisms
· Ensure all statutory remittance and reporting requirements of the organization are met
· Prepare all necessary information for annual returns and audits
· Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management and control
· Bank account reconciliation
· Manage cash flow and prepare in advance for cash flow needs
· Oversee bookkeeping and payroll functions
· Track and account for assets
· Contribute to financial systems implementation, budget preparations, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting
· Help ensuring effective internal controls and minimising risks
· Maintain books, record transactions via Quick-books, reconcile discrepancies
· Contribute to monthly close procedures, including bank reconciliation
· Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports and oversight of company audits
· Maintain accurate records for all company transactions
· Implement tasks across multiple functional areas including HR, procurement, inventory, asset disposition, logistics etc
· Assist with local procurement, ensuring full compliance with company policy
· Help to manage inventory and all other assets, monitor and report daily stock movements, ensure proper reconciliation on an ongoing basis (weekly and monthly)
· Pro-actively make recommendations for better work methods for improved efficiency and company profitability
· Open and close the office at agreed times
· Oversee administrative functions including provision of necessary equipment and material for the work environment, leases, contracts, asset registry, key registry.
· Contribute to preparation of Board and management meetings
· Supervise accounting team, assign tasks to the team members and follow up to ensure completion of quality and timely work
· Working together with HR & Logistics counterparts, oversee appropriate development of roles and structures, and work plans, to manage the organization’s procurement, distribution, logistics and administration functions
· When needed, support HR activities in the process of recruiting, training and development
· Give input into staff performance appraisals and ensure appraisals are done on time
· Performance management including disciplinary action where needed, with the support of HR and senior management
· Contribute to the import process and product costing
· Any other duties as assigned by Directors
Requirements and Qualifications
· Bachelor Degree (Finance, Accounting, Commerce)
· CPA-K professional certification
Skills and Experience
· 5 years professional experience in similar or relevant roles (finance-administration posts of supervisory & managerial levels)
· Advanced skills in standard bookkeeping/accounting software(s)with particular reference to QuickBooks
· Advanced Microsoft Office software skills, especially Excel
· Strong communication ability both written and verbal, able to train others
· Knowledge of import process (primary business)
· Self-starter with strong problem solving skills, ability to multi-task, and strong attention to detail
· Must have the force of character sufficient to properly represent the organization’s interests with suppliers and be a person of high integrity as well as team player
· Able to supervise a team, follow up on delegated tasks
· Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual development
Cover Letter and a detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2449”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2449, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Applications without a Motivation Letter will not be considered.
Deadline for receiving applications: 10th October 2016
N.B. * When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.