EACC closes in on looters at Kilifi County on record time as WAIGURU still walks freeCounty Politics, News 02:26
Sunday November 20, 2016 – The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) has closed in on looters of the sh 51 million at the County Government of Kilifi.
This was revealed by the anti-graft agency who said that the suspects will be charged in two weeks’ time.
In a statement released by the EACC, the suspects of the sh51 million electronic banking fraud in the CORD County, would serve as an example to other looters of public funds because they will be made to pay dearly for their crime.
Speaking at a forum in Mombasa on Friday, EACC Deputy CEO, Michael Mubea, revealed that the probe was nearing its conclusion and in two weeks’ time, the looters will cooling their heels in prison.
“We received a report that sh30 million was lost in the county but our probe shows that it is sh51 million. The probe is at an advanced stage and suspects will be arraigned in court in two weeks,” Mubea said, adding that reports that sh1.8 billion had been lost were inaccurate.
However, the speed at which the EACC has expedited investigations in Kilifi scandal has raised suspicion, considering big thieves like Anne Waiguru, Farouk Kibet and President Uhuru Kenyatta’s relatives are yet to be arrested even after looting billions from poor Kenyans.
The Kenyan DAILY POST